2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Rempel16

I've never rated O'Connor.
I think his defensive frailties far outweigh the benefits of his points production. I really hope it's not true.

And if it's instead of Myers then that will disappoint me even more.

moggy#9

I've never rated O'Connor.
I think his defensive frailties far outweigh the benefits of his points production. I really hope it's not true.

And if it's instead of Myers then that will disappoint me even more.
I'd agree with that. Myers adds a lot in the face off circle and on the physical side.

I'm starting to worry about a number of factors on the team at the moment. I know I shouldn't, as Todd and the owners haven't let us down yet, but...

Devil94

Here's a wild theory I've just come up with.

Everywhere Trevor Cox has played, he's worn number 36. With us, he's 63.

Does that mean that we've signed a player that also worn 36 through his career, and Trev had to change?

First to find a plausible #36 wins...

jenks33

Thread starter #406

Does that mean that we've signed a player that also worn 36 through his career, and Trev had to change?

Standing ovation for Devil94 if our last signing is number 36.

Brandon Hawkins was number 36 for Wilkes-Barre! I mentioned Hawkins the other day but Steve King said that nobody has got one of the new forward signings correct. Hawkins wore 7 and 16 at Fort Wayne but those numbers wouldn’t be available at Cardiff. I don’t think it’s him though

jenks33

Thread starter #408

Jerry Pollastrone maybe. Played for Dundee back in 2013/14 but has had a very succesful career in the EBEL since then. Wore 37 at Dundee but has worn 36 pretty much everywhere else.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/38125/jerry-pollastrone

If its true O'connor have signed? How will it work? We have already signed 5 brits in batch, Richardson, Davies, waller & Duggan? Will it mean one of those will sit out every game?

Legin

There is no limit on the number of brits you can have on the bench, but if rumours are true then you can only have 19 players, therefore if you have all 6 brits then you can only have 13 imports. Its the same as carrying a spare import. However depending on rules, in the past if an import got suspended you had to play one import short, in that case we would still be able to dress 19 players.

JC23

O’Connor spotted roller blading across the barrage eating a Subway 6” Italian with Chicken Tikka, Lettuce, Tomato, Gherkins plus a Mayo Dressing!!
Wow…

First of all, not even a foot long…
Secondly, chicken tikka with tomato & gherkin?Definitely not Devils material.

Devil94

Might be dreaming a bit here, but I'll throw it out there.

Chad Costello still unsigned for next season. Crazy numbers in ECHL and DEL over the years. Would imagine he's signed in a more high profile European league, but you never know, I thought the same about Matt Register. Costello played with Joey Martin in Norway last year. He also played for 3 years in Allen, and I reckon Skalde has some connection with Allen as that's where Lammon and Register played last few years.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/11913/chad-costello

JC23

Chad Costello still unsigned for next season. Crazy numbers in ECHL and DEL over the years. Would imagine he's signed in a more high profile European league, but you never know, I thought the same about Matt Register. Costello played with Joey Martin in Norway last year. He also played for 3 years in Allen, and I reckon Skalde has some connection with Allen as that's where Lammon and Register played last few years.

Wow…now that would be a statement of intent.

ASHIPP

If its true O'connor have signed? How will it work? We have already signed 5 brits in batch, Richardson, Davies, waller & Duggan? Will it mean one of those will sit out every game?
Expect the Devils may recruit extra players because of the number of games to be played and to cover injuries.

Players would surely have accepted that they may not be playing every game. Selections made on fitness, form and who the opposition is.

jenks33

Thread starter #418

Looking at his stats he is so unlucky not to have had more of a chance at AHL/NHL level. I read an article about him and it said he was a bit of a late developer plus his size (5ft 9) put a few teams off over the years.

Not sure he will be a Devil this season. As you said he looks too good for the EIHL at this stage and if the rumours about Brodie Reid are true then surely Crandall and Reid will be our top two Right Wingers. Let’s just hope he isn’t a Giant or a Steeler!!