Interesting EIHL article O'connor and Myers

jenks33

Based on this article I think it’s a dead cert. They’ve used a direct Simmsy quote and his ego is too big to be wrong about something like this.
Yeah it must be happening. Ben’s dad Mike still works for the Steelers doesn’t he? Simms will know exactly what’s going on with Ben.
Very interesting that we’ve decided to go with 3 British D men. What that tells me is that we’re likely to dress two import goalies every night. Also it leaves space for another 3 import forwards but Steve King did say “our 19 players” last week so are we likely to sign another 3 import forwards? Doesn’t look like it

Devil94

So wait, we'll end up two imports short on the ice? One as a back up goalie, and there's no room for the third forward if it's only 19??

Unless we sign a young Brit as back up too.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #24
Looking at the players already signed i myself think its a good strong mix. GB players who have played together and know each other and the EIHL, European league players for the upcoming CHL, experienced Devils returnees who know what the Devils expect from their team.
Whoever comes in now will only add to the depth we have already.
I think its going to be an exciting season ahead for Devils fans.

Have Hope#35

So wait, we'll end up two imports short on the ice? One as a back up goalie, and there's no room for the third forward if it's only 19??

Unless we sign a young Brit as back up too.
If we sign O'Connor then yes... That's how it certainly looks if it's 14 Imports and 5 Brits as a rule!

Carruth* Import back-up*

Richie Register*
Mikkelson* O'Connor?
Louis* Batch

Haddad?* Import* Crandall*
Cox* Lammon* Sanford*
Davies Dixon* McNally*
Waller (Rotating Import in EIHL) Duggan

* Indicates Imports (I'd hope at the very least we sign a 14th Import to play 4 Full Lines in the CHL.) But what I hope even more is that the League see sense and start the season with 14 Imports and 6 Brits otherwise fourth line players may not get a look in!

If we sign O'Connor then yes... That's how it certainly looks if it's 14 Imports and 5 Brits as a rule!

Carruth* Import back-up*

Richie Register*
Mikkelson* O'Connor?
Louis* Batch

Haddad?* Import* Crandall*
Cox* Lammon* Sanford*
Davies Dixon* McNally*
Waller (Rotating Import in EIHL) Duggan

* Indicates Imports (I'd hope at the very least we sign a 14th Import to play 4 Full Lines in the CHL.) But what I hope even more is that the League see sense and start the season with 14 Imports and 6 Brits otherwise fourth line players may not get a look in!
Who will typically be Brits!!!

Last edited by a moderator: