Signings for 2021/22 season

Have Hope#35

Yeah I think it will be 14 imports 5 brits. What’s annoying is I assume most teams will go with 11 forwards so won’t be able to play 4 lines. Just seems like a backward step
I don't get why they aren't going with a Roster of 20 (if Rumours are true), it's just a bit backwards in terms of thinking. I get that it may be cost driven and Imports can be picked up cheaper than Premium Brits but there are Brits out there struggling to find a job or moving down to the lower leagues! For me it should be 14 Imports and 6 Brits with 3 of the Brits being U25 - That will encourage teams to play the youngsters on their fourth line!

If we assume that we might sign Lawday to be dressed on the Bench on Game Nights rather than waste an Import slot then we'd be signing 15 Imports in order to play 14. Then we only need 5 Brits to make up the EIHL Roster of 19 (Lawday U25?, Richie, Batch, Davies, Waller U25, Duggan U25), on the basis that we would have 1 too many Brits to play full import numbers maybe we are intending to dress our back-up Import Goalie and that's without the rumours of us signing O'Connor. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks of Signings - I just hope we have a Roster of at least 20 for the CHL.

Legin

I don't get why they aren't going with a Roster of 20 (if Rumours are true), it's just a bit backwards in terms of thinking. I get that it may be cost driven and Imports can be picked up cheaper than Premium Brits but there are Brits out there struggling to find a job or moving down to the lower leagues! For me it should be 14 Imports and 6 Brits with 3 of the Brits being U25 - That will encourage teams to play the youngsters on their fourth line!

If we assume that we might sign Lawday to be dressed on the Bench on Game Nights rather than waste an Import slot then we'd be signing 15 Imports in order to play 14. Then we only need 5 Brits to make up the EIHL Roster of 19 (Lawday U25?, Richie, Batch, Davies, Waller U25, Duggan U25), on the basis that we would have 1 too many Brits to play full import numbers maybe we are intending to dress our back-up Import Goalie and that's without the rumours of us signing O'Connor. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks of Signings - I just hope we have a Roster of at least 20 for the CHL.
I think Lawday has already signed somewhere as a starting goalie

Have Hope#35

I think Lawday has already signed somewhere as a starting goalie
He's at MK Lightning - Not sure how that works with potential back-up duties? May be that there are others out there, Lawday was more of an example. Based on the rumoured roster make-up it could be that we end up with an Import back-up on the Bench which seems like a bit of a waste to me.

ASHIPP

There was a suggestion last Summer that a British backup goalie had been signed, rumoured from a Scottish club. Could be totally different now

jenks33

Thread starter #352
I see there’s a new rumours account on twitter now after the last one was suspended. The Brodie Reid rumour is still on there. As Zoesdevil said that account is usually right so he probably has signed for us. Just seems like a bit of a random player to be rumoured with us if there’s nothing in it

Wannabe2

I see there’s a new rumours account on twitter now after the last one was suspended. The Brodie Reid rumour is still on there. As Zoesdevil said that account is usually right so he probably has signed for us. Just seems like a bit of a random player to be rumoured with us if there’s nothing in it
Would be very pleased if we have indeed signed this lad, he looks a very good player. So excited about the way this team is coming together, it’s going as I believe will be Happy Hockey Days, Stay Safe All.

jenks33

Thread starter #355
He did play with Matt Pope and Sean McMonagle in HC Bolzano a few years back.
What I meant is if somebody was going to make up a rumour they would probably link us with a player that has connections with Cincinnati or Wilkes-Barre. If you look through Reid’s CV I can’t see anything linking him with Skalde.