Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 6th Nov 21

jenks33

I get CJ Motte is a fantastic keeper and he had a great game tonight but it’s very concerning that we’re struggling in front of net.
The pressure was off us tonight as well. In a CC group game that’s not a must win I’d rather us lose 6-5 and entertain the crowd. We just look like we can’t score tho when a team plays negatively against us

august04 2.0

It’s clear that this teams needs a change or two if we want to challenge for the league title. We haven’t replaced Joey Martin with anyone half as effective, that recruitment failed. We don’t have enough goals, that been clear for weeks and we're a bit lightweight up front. I think there’s certainly one or two forwards who shouldn’t be on this team. How ambitious are we? Time will tell I suppose. A disappointing performance tonight against a Blaze team with 13 skaters, and they lost one of those on the major penalty!

CaldicotDevil

If we don’t sign a goalscorer I’d cancel the Teddy Bear toss this year. We seem to make every keeper look like Carey Price.

Shout out to Batch, great shift tonight!!!

august04 2.0

Unfortunately we are just a bit of a boring team this year. I’m also not sure how good we actually are; take Brodie Reid’s outstanding individual achievements out of it and we’d be in trouble. It’s not often we lose two home games on the bounce.
I was beginning to wonder if we’d ever been shut out in two consecutive home games before (?!)….at least we avoided that one. But yes, take Brodie Reid's goals away and there not much left!

jenks33

Something else that has to be repeated as well
Is just how shorthanded Nottingham and Coventry were in those two losses. Both teams were missing so many players. We’ve managed one goal in the last two home games against teams that were so depleted. It’s very concerning

ASHIPP

Reid and Sandford are our natural goalscorers. If they are smothered by the opposition or have a bad night, it is challenging to see where our regular goalscoring potential will come from.

The natural play is then to press for goals from anyone and everyone jumps into the rush. That's when mistakes lead to opposition goals.

We missed big Lou patrolling the blue line line tonight. He would have cleared out players from the net.

Someone mentioned net coverage earlier on, we used to have a player who usually camped himself with effect at the opposition net... but he plays for the Panthers now.

Hedd Wyn John

I’m not bothered that we’ve lost a Challenge Cup game but another game goes by where we’ve struggled to score. Meanwhile Steelers scored 7 against Belfast tonight. I’ll repeat what I said last week, if Steve and the owners are happy with a top 4 finish this season then we should be ok. If they want to win the league tho then a proven goalscorer is required.
Lack of goals isn't just the issue, both Blaze goals came from some basic Devils mistakes & had they capitalised on all our ropey plays they could have scored more.

Wannabe2

So we have scored 1 goal in 2hrs of hockey at home, that’s 1 goal in 120 mins or 1 goal in 6 periods, and at the moment I wouldn’t put any money on us beating Fife tomorrow in fact I wouldn’t put money on us scoring either. It’s a sad fact but a true one that we are carrying too many players for a club with big ambitions, what happened to the speedy direct skilful team we started out with, because they don’t exist now. At this moment in time that other outfit from up the motorway that play in shitty Orange are in a different league from us, their still scoring, and we’re still boring, and by god that situation sucks. So where do we go from here because when you get shown up by 12 skaters that’s a pretty crummy place to be, I took the view that last weeks lousy game was a bad day at the office, but it’s more than that now, and when the team only show a bit of physical passion in the latter parts of the game it’s a real poor show.

august04 2.0

We've heard it a few times of late in Skalde's post game interviews that he feels the team are not showing the work ethic or desire to win these games. That is very worrying, never mind not scoring enough goals. If players are not up to the demands of doing what it takes to compete week in week out, then get them out and replace them with players who are prepared to put a shift in.

ASHIPP

Interesting to listen to (Panthers' coach) Tim Wallace interview....Panthers are looking to add more players to resolve their injury woes. A new dman has joined them (played tonight) and potentially more to come.

Here is a team who won their league game against Dundee tonight and could bearly ice 3 full forward lines due to all their injuries. Good work.

moggy#9

So we have scored 1 goal in 2hrs of hockey at home, that’s 1 goal in 120 mins or 1 goal in 6 periods, and at the moment I wouldn’t put any money on us beating Fife tomorrow in fact I wouldn’t put money on us scoring either. It’s a sad fact but a true one that we are carrying too many players for a club with big ambitions, what happened to the speedy direct skilful team we started out with, because they don’t exist now. At this moment in time that other outfit from up the motorway that play in shitty Orange are in a different league from us, their still scoring, and we’re still boring, and by god that situation sucks. So where do we go from here because when you get shown up by 12 skaters that’s a pretty crummy place to be, I took the view that last weeks lousy game was a bad day at the office, but it’s more than that now, and when the team only show a bit of physical passion in the latter parts of the game it’s a real poor show.
Watch out, you'll get into trouble for being critical. ;-) The alarm bells have begging ringing for a while though.

Realistically we know there will be no changes to the team. Making that guarantee to players is a big part of our recruitment, particularly when they have families. I don't imagine that will change.

I didn't see tonight's game. I wasn't going to spend £15 on the webcast for a nothing game, but judging by comments here we're not in a good place. A poor result tomorrow, for a game which very much does matter, will be indefensible by anyone.

august04 2.0

Watch out, you'll get into trouble for being critical. ;-) The alarm bells have begging ringing for a while though.

Realistically we know there will be no changes to the team. Making that guarantee to players is a big part of our recruitment, particularly when they have families. I don't imagine that will change.

I didn't see tonight's game. I wasn't going to spend £15 on the webcast for a nothing game, but judging by comments here we're not in a good place. A poor result tomorrow, for a game which very much does matter, will be indefensible by anyone.
You didn’t miss much!

Ejercito Rojas

It was always going to be a high risk strategy when we signed so many players new to the EIHL that they wouldn’t understand that the league is the big prize and you can’t take a night off like other leagues.
Belfast look like they are experiencing something similar.
Sheffield, on the other hand got the band back together and switched right back into it.
On what I’ve seen so far we’re a .500 team.