Flyers Vs Devils - League - 7th Nov 21

august04 2.0

I don’t know what’s happened to this team, I enjoyed watching them at the start of the season. I don’t see a team that would skate though brick walls for eachother. I don’t see any passion or desire, no physicality and I don’t see much skill either. The most un-Devils like, Devils team I’ve seen for ages. What the hell is going on? At least 3 changes are needed.….and now. And changes like Valdix are not going to cut it.

Eynonz

Thank goodness I'll be too busy moving house next week to follow any devils action.

Need a break after these last 2 weeks....

Ocko

Concerned, why, we’ve got owners and management that are completely competent. It’s a bad start after a bad 18 months. Again perspective people, this happens, it’s sport.........
Maybe you’d have more credibility with other posters if you hadn’t spent almost your entire time on this forum slating Lord as a coach for, amongst many things, his ‘boring’ tactics, but now giving every excuse imaginable to justify the current situation and pleading for perspective.

Slartibartfast

Well here is my attempt at being an armchair coach. This team is faster and more skillful than a lot of teams in this league. We can dominate possession, win most puck battles and faceoffs and given space and a shooting lane can score some beautiful goals. BUT teams have worked out how to beat us. Just play box + 1 and most of our shots will come from the soft areas. (blue line or wide angles). With the standard of netminder in this league that is not going to work.

This forces us to push harder and deeper leaving big holes at the back and many teams score on the break. Unlike the opposition we don't have 4 players blocking the shooting lanes so despite having 2 outstanding netminders we are losing.

At the back we have some skilled defencemen who usually come out best in most corner puck battles BUT some of our D men make some very bad decisions. Throwing the puck into mid ice or up the ice without even looking. A classic example is with 40 seconds to go and no netminder one of our D men (could not see who) dumped it from the blue line without looking. It hit the skate of a Fife player right in front of him handing over possession leading to another empty net goal.

The other problem is a complete lack of physicality. It was 53 minutes into the game before I saw the first decent check and then a few decent ones in the last 2 minutes. Too little to late. When you cant' get space for a quality shot you make it by being physical.

We rarely have someone in front of goal and when we do he is not a poacher.

The fife commentators said that this is not the powerful unit we have seen in the past from Cardiff. They just seem to play a pressure game and he was right. Pressure without the right tactics just tires the team and thats how a team of 12 beat us last night also.

I don't want to see players change. I want to see the tactics change. Either the coach is not getting the tactics right or the players are not doing what the coach tells them. Whatever it is, it has to change if we want silverware.

Wannabe2

2 goals in 9 periods playing like shit, worse team in many years at the moment, but the same team that was playing well 6 weeks ago. Time for changes now maybe 7/8 carrying too much dead wood we won’t of course as we are too nicey nicey. I would break the bloody bank to get Martin, Haddad, and Fournier back and dump the crap. Not being funny here but too many players are taking the piss and should be kicked into touch. Players if your not bothered then guess what, we ain’t either so sod off get on with your miserable life and we will move on, we ain’t for you, and you certainly ain’t for us. I knew we would lose tonight as most teams in this league want to win more than us, this team not only love the way they are treated, but take advantage of it. I will keep going as I have for 35 yrs but these arseholes are driving me to knocking it on the head, if they can’t be bothered then my £1,500 can’t be bothered either. Great memories guys but they are memories unfortunately.