steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

Swarley

Or maybe they saw it much closer and with a much better view and understanding of the situation than you, and didn't think it was worth a penalty. I would say that's the most likely option.
But as I said earlier, if DOPS review it in the week and 'put him in his place' then I'll admit you were right.
More chance of Brust doing ten sit ups than dops actually doing something about him.

Ocko

Both the officials and Connolly should be fined, him for blatantly hooking at Mcnallys skates and the officials for not only allowing it to happen but to allow it to happen directly in front of them.

Do I like connolly? No he's an absolute bellend and seems to be protected by the officials, his pety little cheap shots are dangerous in my opinion. Big hits, love em, get under a players skin, love it, trying to intentionally hook a players skates out directly in front of an official? Not wanted in what is supposed to be a league that is growing.
You want a player and two officials fined for hooking? :oops:

The_Stick_

Both the officials and Connolly should be fined, him for blatantly hooking at Mcnallys skates and the officials for not only allowing it to happen but to allow it to happen directly in front of them.

Do I like connolly? No he's an absolute bellend and seems to be protected by the officials, his pety little cheap shots are dangerous in my opinion. Big hits, love em, get under a players skin, love it, trying to intentionally hook a players skates out directly in front of an official? Not wanted in what is supposed to be a league that is growing.
Official fined for not penalising a player for a hook? Thank the Lord you don’t run Dops

bb1

Everybody moaning about Connolly....yes he is a rat and he does it perfectly well. Past Devils teams had guys there to get under the skin of players....Vez being the perfect example.

The only player I remember going after Connolly was Faryna in Cardiff. In Faryna style he went flying in but unfortunately they ended up on the floor (Good job for Connolly).

The fact of the matter is that players like Batch, Louis, Mikkelson and McNally should all police the game and hit him, rough him and if it really came to it (if he made a scumbag move like Ellerby) NO CHOICE him. Its the only way you can put guys like him back in his shell. We have had plenty of players throughout the years throw the odd bad hit and get away with it. The lastr i remember id Benti on Liam Stewart (basically ended his season).

I'd gladly sacrifice a goal to see Connolly put in his place however!

Gospel

Connolly is a rat, i think we all agree on that but what he did shouldn't be reviewed by DOPs. The refs saw it as it was right in front of them. If he got a 2 min call then so should the Devils for the cross check given that's what started it. If a Devils player had done the same thing we would be laughing at it. Another thing we dont know about is what is being said between the 2 players. The refs would have heard that to and would take that into account as well.

Another thread says we want characters in the league, well being a rat is being a character just not a nice one It means the next game will have extra spice and im all for that. Lets hope the physicality is ramped up and lets see what happens.

Personally id love to love Mac drop them and see what the Steelers do then.

E.D.S.

What a pass from McNally for the first and a superb passage of play for the 5th. That’s where this team is effective. On the dash marks cycling the puck staying out of the boards behind the goals.
Mr Louis…. another outstanding game.

Last edited: