steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

Wannabe2

I agree that whether someone is a repeat offender needs to be taken into consideration, so does the severity of three incident. To me this gets very close to what used to be called "attempt to injure". It should have been at least 3 games, possibly as many as 5 IMO.
Totally agree, 3-5 games Defo, let’s hope the little shit pays the price in 3 weeks time,my perfect outcome Louis decks Ellerby, McNally decks Connolly, and Carruth decks Fat boy not Slim. Armstrong tries to get involved and is decked by Batch. We then go onto take maximum points in Reg time.

tim78

I'll be happy if it's a close game and they don't return the shutout drumming favour.... and maybe a Louis and Ellerby square up in the 2nd period, then back on with the game.

Mooney#16

I’m very old school in my opinions when it comes to instigator penalties and letting the guys police themselves but I’m also a bit more inclined to leave games behind when finished. The best way of getting at Ellerby now is for Duggan to wave his winners medal in his face at the end of the year. Much like happened to Tyson Marsh is the retaliation only filled once someone is KO’d on the ice as Panthers had already had a go at him on the night and then Cam Janssen still came back looking for more in a subsequent game. If Lou hadn’t got hold of him on the night fair enough I’d be demanding to see a response but Steelers and Devils knocking lumps out of each other all year only actually helps two teams. Giants and Panthers.

Rempel16

I’m very old school in my opinions when it comes to instigator penalties and letting the guys police themselves but I’m also a bit more inclined to leave games behind when finished. The best way of getting at Ellerby now is for Duggan to wave his winners medal in his face at the end of the year. Much like happened to Tyson Marsh is the retaliation only filled once someone is KO’d on the ice as Panthers had already had a go at him on the night and then Cam Janssen still came back looking for more in a subsequent game. If Lou hadn’t got hold of him on the night fair enough I’d be demanding to see a response but Steelers and Devils knocking lumps out of each other all year only actually helps two teams. Giants and Panthers.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment in this.... I don't think that you can class this incident as Lou getting hold of him on the night. If that's enough then we are telling the cheap shotters who immediately turtle that those actions are ok.

moggy#9

That's fair comment, but we know that Steelers will come to town trying on their dirty tricks again. The team will have to step up to those situations as and when they happen.

E.D.S.

For me the incident/retribution is over. Lou did what was expected and confronted the guy. The fact he turtled and hid for cover is by the by for me. I wouldn't expect this to be carried over for the next game. I fully expect the guys to be aware the next time they are checking Ellerby, to leave a bit more on him/be more physical but wouldn't expect a glove dropping episode off the back of this. We move on. I don't think by not dropping the gloves with him at the next game we are saying his actions are fine with us. It's just a hockey incident. An awful check to the head that could have been very serious but thankfully it wasn't. It's done now for me. Ellerby knows that Lou will answer the bell anytime he has to. He's proven that. Decking Ellerby and Connolly but losing the game does nothing for me or our league position.

Oh, I doubt a line would get drawn under it after an early fight - particularly given some of the unpleasant personalities on that Sheffield team.
It's not about the rest of the Steelers team though is it. Ellerby made the hit. He should have taken the fight there and then but got to the ice as soon as he could for protection.
He's not been shy of dropping them before so I think he will be asked to go, should accept and after that get on with the game (no matter who wins the fight, as nothing's a given)
Anything else that might happen in the game is separate to that.

Hockeymad

The thing that baffles me is how the hell the refs call things.

Please tell me how Ellerby got 5mins for fighting when he fell to floor and did nothing.

The refs honestly don't have a clue over here.

E.D.S.

The thing that baffles me is how the hell the refs call things.

Please tell me how Ellerby got 5mins for fighting when he fell to floor and did nothing.

The refs honestly don't have a clue over here.
….and he was ‘no choiced’ by Louis. If he stood and threw some he’d get 5 mins, he turtled and protected himself and got 5 mins. I agree. I don’t understand the interpretation.

Temme

Ellerby is definitely no fighter, and is big enough and strong enough to stand his ground i guess, so it'll be interesting to see if he plays with a deliberate target on his back as a somewhat distraction, or if he decides to get it over with opening faceoff & then play some hockey.

He's a seasoned veteran - he knows the code and he knows what's expected of him, but he may choose to be clever and use that to his advantage.

kingmo19.1

Being a ardent Devils fan, it does make me chuckle reading the dirty Steelers comments. In this age of equality and political correctness, it must be said we’ve also had our fair share of likeminded characters over the years!