Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final 2nd Leg - 19th Jan 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils welcome back the Dundee Stars for the second leg of their Challenge Cup quarter final. Devils trail Stars by two goals going into the match-up but have found better form since the first leg so its anyones game. Looks like the only way to see the game is going to be via Premier Sports

fridaysfingers

I’m hoping that Riley Brandt will get to throw a couple of big hits early tonight and hopefully Kyle Haas will loose it and be thrown off his game and we can benefit from some PP opportunities.
In the first leg to be fair to him he played a good game so be great to have him rattled early.
I really want an early goal or two to settle everyone’s nerves

I’m hoping that Riley Brandt will get to throw a couple of big hits early tonight and hopefully Kyle Haas will loose it and be thrown off his game and we can benefit from some PP opportunities.
In the first leg to be fair to him he played a good game so be great to have him rattled early.
Haas was out of the first leg serving suspension in the belfast game he went berserk in.Also lucky mcnally aint playing because there would have been some payback but he be on best behaviour tonight it dundee biggest game in years,i cant see pacha allowing him to loose his cool.

Rempel16

Haas was out of the first leg serving suspension in the belfast game he went berserk in.Also lucky mcnally aint playing because there would have been some payback but he be on best behaviour tonight it dundee biggest game in years,i cant see pacha allowing him to loose his cool.
Haas' 2 minute penalty in the first leg was all the more impressive then.

I agree, he will be on best behaviour. All the more reason to hit him every time the puck is sent deep.

fridaysfingers

I do agree that Pacha will have given him instructions to stay out of the box, and in fairness I haven't noticed Haas being in trouble since his last ban, although I'm not sure how much they have played.
He won't appreciate a 5' 7" guy running around hitting like Brandt can though. I live in hope for some stupid retaliatory penalties, without any injuries caused obviously

argh right i thought he was banned that's how much i noticed he was really quiet haas in that game.

lets hope brandt puts him of his stride and throws fee hits while getting inder his skin

BostonBart22

Really hope Brandt dont go over the top and get a ban himself, especially as we have Belfast saturday where we need him more after Giants physical play last week..

Kevin roog

At least we are playing better now than before Xmas when we lost to Dundee twice in a week, i thought they would have beaten us again if the game went ahead, only thing tonight if we go 2 goals down before we start playing ,it could be an uphill task

kettdevil1

Just McNally missing (if we ignore Dupont and Lammon), Carruth with the start and Harewood and Brandt on the 4th line (at least in theory)

It's a big ask to win by (in effect) three but..... lets hope for a fast start to put doubt in Dundee's mind

jenks33

At least we are playing better now than before Xmas when we lost to Dundee twice in a week, i thought they would have beaten us again if the game went ahead, only thing tonight if we go 2 goals down before we start playing ,it could be an uphill task
Yeah we need a faster start tonight. We’ve conceded the first goal in 4 of the last 5 home games. We’ve even gone 2-0 down in a couple of those games. That can’t happen tonight

Slartibartfast

Yes I think Covid has done us a favour. Though we have a few out with injuries this team has a much better chance of clawing it back than the pre Christmas team.

Kevlar68

If we go behind at anytime I think our CC journey is over, if we can get on front foot and stay there I think we have a good chance of getting the 3 goals we need to progress.

matbur

Really hope Brandt dont go over the top and get a ban himself, especially as we have Belfast saturday where we need him more after Giants physical play last week..
Yeah, he's understandably pumped up to be playing regularly as a pro and wanting to make a positive impression. It's certainly something he needs to be aware of now and when crowds return. It's important he maintains that balance between playing hard and being responsible.

Wannabe2

Ok lads it’s all down to you tonight, let’s show the passion, the desire, the professionalism, and the need to do this, let’s play as we can, and leave it all out there on the ice. Tonight’s game is a big game, so let’s play big and let’s take this. You guys can do this so let’s do it.