Player Signings

terry hunt

Thread starter #1
Bowns has apparently signed for the Panthers but cannot play due to IIHF rules?
Doucet says that Bowns will be coaching their goalies including James Downie who is on "loan" from manchester.
The Steelers have 2 players Boruta and Feldner who are on "loan" from Innsbruck but are actually playing.
Could one of our signing experts explain how this works please.

ASHIPP

I thought emergency goalie cover after deadline was allowed if the goalie was from within the UK. On Panthers forum they suggest that a couple of goalies in the UK were approached but declined to join the Panthers.

Bowns can't play for Panthers because he was still playing for a team outside the UK after the deadline.

kettdevil1

Doucet says that Bowns will be coaching their goalies including James Downie who is on "loan" from manchester.
The Steelers have 2 players Boruta and Feldner who are on "loan" from Innsbruck but are actually playing.
ASHIPP has explained the Bowns situation which seems to be a complete mess - how Nottingham did not know this is baffling. Sheffield signed their two before the deadline so they are allowed to play.

terry hunt

Thread starter #6
I read ASHIPP's post and still asking.
The Storm signed a Brit goalie yesterday as cover for Downie?
The Steelers players are still Innsbruck players?
Has Bowns been signed as a refugee fleeing easter european conflict?
I take it that the Smith and Black roster plan to save the EIHL during Covid did not apply to their own teams?
I seem to recall the Devils being accused of "buying"trophies?
Are we back to the old chestnut of signing as many players you like as long as they are not on the bench.
There was i foolish old git believing the guff about making the EIHL a league to be respected across the world.
So back to letting estate agents run things again.

Mazzoak

Im no expert but if a team can do this, then every team can. It’s not rocket science, Sheffield isn’t run by a dictatorship, if other teams aren’t following that’s their loss surely. The league is run by the clubs, they hold the power as a group as without everyone there is no Sheffield, unless they like playing with themselves.......

Finny

Will try to explain as best as I can:

Sheffield signed the two Innsbruck players on Transfer Deadline Day (although one wasn’t announced until the following day). I assume they were classed as loans so that Innsbruck retain their contract/ ITC for next season.

Once the Transfer Deadline Day has passed, you can’t make any changes other than an emergency netminder signing due to injury. And I’m assuming you can’t get a new ITC (international Transfer Card?) so the player has to already be in that country.

Nottingham‘s netminder then got injured. Following the end of Bowns’ season in Slovakia he returned to the UK and it appears Nottingham tried to sign him. However, even though he is British his ITC is still in Slovakia so he can’t play for Nottingham. Which to be honest is pretty basic mistake to make. So instead he is doing some coaching for them. There is also a rumour he has signed for them for next season……. :(

So with Nottingham still a netminder down, they signed Downie from Manchester as no ITC transfer was needed as he was already playing for a team in the UK.
Manchester have then signed a Brit backup as cover from Blackburn.

Everything looks fine and within the rules to me.

BostonBart22

Still confused with the Belfast situation, they signed Patrick Mullen before deadline as injury cover, Belfast played 1 short yesterday, so has he left or not fit himself ?

august04 2.0

Still confused with the Belfast situation, they signed Patrick Mullen before deadline as injury cover, Belfast played 1 short yesterday, so has he left or not fit himself ?
I think if a player is injured and the club want to replace, they have to be de-registered for a minimum of 3 weeks. So it might have been a minor niggle, not serious enough to go though the de-registration/replacement scenario. I think!

Finny

Belfast announced a week or so ago that due to a change in his personal situation Mullins would no longer be joining them.