Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

jenks33

I'd heard Finland rumoured as a possible destination for Crandall but nothing more than that... I was hoping he was one of the players who would come back if Dupont was named Coach as I think he'd be great on the potential Reid/Martin line.
I suppose it would make sense having Brittain on that Reid/Martin line (or on the CCS line if one of them doesn’t return) considering DuPont’s comments when he was given the job full time. He said in a couple of interviews that we were going to be heavier/harder to play against/spend more time in the offensive zone/rag the puck more. That’s why it didn’t make sense to me having a Reid/Martin/Crandall line and the CCS line. No doubting the talent on those lines but I suspect their will be a bigger body on those top two lines somewhere.

Last edited:

Devil94

Finland is an interesting one for Crandall. I'm a big Crandall fan but I'm not sure a team from the Liiga would sign him. That's quite a big jump. And the 2nd league in Finland has hardly any imports, 6 North Americans in the league last year out of about 600 players. I assumed he would wither go back to Sweden or stay in NA.
But yes I'm becoming increasingly convinced that he's not returning, and we'll almost certainly see only one of Crandall and Cox, if not none.

Finland is an interesting one for Crandall. I'm a big Crandall fan but I'm not sure a team from the Liiga would sign him. That's quite a big jump. And the 2nd league in Finland has hardly any imports, 6 North Americans in the league last year out of about 600 players. I assumed he would wither go back to Sweden or stay in NA.
But yes I'm becoming increasingly convinced that he's not returning, and we'll almost certainly see only one of Crandall and Cox, if not none.
If he doesn’t return to us it’s still very possible he’ll stay in the league

jenks33

I think that makes more sense to be honest.
I agree. I think our third line centre will be (and should be) more experienced than conger.

It was always odd to me that Franny started following him on Instagram. Franny knows that you don’t follow players that we’ve signed weeks before they’re announced.

Rempel16

I agree. I think our third line centre will be (and should be) more experienced than conger.

It was always odd to me that Franny started following him on Instagram. Franny knows that you don’t follow players that we’ve signed weeks before they’re announced.
Agreed!

Devil94

The press release for the affiliation with Bristol said we would have up to 3 players on a two way. I was expecting Harewood to be one of those, but he isnt. Does this mean he might be joining us full time? Which would be instead of Ben Davies I guess. Does the affiliation with Bristol mean our two ways are exclusive with them or could Harewood be on a two way with someone like Telford? Or perhaps it would be good for him to have a season with Fife, Dundee or Manchester?
I've heard he has some maturing to do off the ice, but there's no doubting his talent we saw briefly last year.

Devil94

So you answered your own question then.
No? You might want to read it again.
My question was, now we know that Harewood is not one of the 3 with Bristol, what do people think will happen with him. Either join us full time, go to another Elite League club or go to Telford or other EPL club.
A separate point was does our deal with Bristol rule out two ways with other clubs. Because there's been no mention of that in press releases, only that we will get 3 from Bristol.

Kevlar68

I would think we have a exclusive deal with Bristol as players are close to hand.
As for Bayley only 5 games last season, he played well but never made an impact or didn't have a chance to so can't see him on a full time with us.

Last edited:

voth26

Maybe in the wrong place if so admin please move, apparently deluca in talks with squeelers wasn't he the guy who left them under a dubious cloud a season or so ago??

Devils86

There was a suggestion on Twitter that as De Luca apparently failed to provide a second sample for testing (and instead left the country) that he is subject to a longer ban (measured in years) - whether that is true or not, no idea.