GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

moggy#9

You know, awesome as these games have been from an entertainment perspective, there's so much we can learn as a club.

On another thread I posted about all of the things that are impressive about nomad. Indeed, we can probably add to that with things like their level of intensity from the first puck drop.

As fans there's a lot to take from our polish guests. I'm not terribly comfortable with the idea of ultras and some of the behaviour associated with it, but there's no mistaking their passion. It's a very long time since I've been on a road trip, but it really made me nostalgic for that weekend in Tilburg 30 years ago.

Similarly the Danes have shown us how important it is for the whole experience to be fun. I think that we forget that sometimes.

moggy#9

Superb controlled period of hockey from katovice. Neither us nor herning managed to hold nomad scoreless, so don't do for a whole period of impressive. That said nomad already know they've won the competition...

Gazza272

Thank you so much to everyone who joined us on the Stream this weekend who couldn't get to some/all of the Games. It was a pleasure to bring you the coverage, I've been lucky enough to call some pretty special moments in Devils History and even get to do some CHL games in my time, but this weekend was definitely one of my favourites, 4 very good very evenly matched teams where you really didn't know which way it would go.

Seeing the fans from different clubs interacting so positively, seeing us as a club compete at this level, it really was a joy.

After 6 games in 3 days my voice is pretty shot!, and apologies for anyone sick of hearing it :p Please anyone who watched the coverage please feel free to drop a message here or on Twitter or stop me when I'm wandering around the rink to tell us anything we did well or that we can improve on, we are always looking to improve and I always want constructive feedback so we can produce the best content possible. But thank you all for your amazing support, we really appreciate it.

Back into my forum Hibernation ;)

E.D.S.

Devils Website:
Nice message from TK
Class response from the Devils to post that. Credit to the volunteers and back office crew who delivered such a great product. I thought Todd did well every time he read out the Nomad Team… “I can only apologise for those pronunciations!” :D
That was a big investment of time, effort and money to stage that over the three days and I'm very grateful to the club that they did.
I appreciate that all clubs have their own view on the tournament and all made their own decisions about entering but… it’s those fans that missed out. The away legs of the tournament were just a brilliant experience and the hosting was another amazing memory for all fans.

Mooney#16

Congratulations to all involved in what was a great weekend of hockey and thank you for facilitating an experience that will be long remembered.

As much as Todd is thanking everyone I do think that he too deserves a thank you for having the foresight and ambition to take up the slot when offered. Without that it simply wouldn’t have happened and none of us fans would have had that weekend. He takes some stick on here and social media sometimes rightly but on this occasion and several others he has delivered us great sporting moments for which you have to recognise and appreciate.

As Devils fans whilst not having had the silverware of late and not watching the best of hockey we have become entitled and weekends just gone are a reason just to step back and realise how lucky we also get it.

Well done to everyone involved especially yourself Todd and let’s not beat around the bush here. We demand a lot from the team but the Katowice fans clearly demonstrated that as far as support goes we in the stands haven’t been putting a good enough shift in either of late. The gauntlet has firmly been thrown down.

Mooney#16

Well that escalated quick! Be moobs and spaniels ears everywhere before you know it. Let’s be honest we’re not the most rocket laden of fan bases.

James

Administrator
I see the brummie estate agent was grumbling on twitter that it would have been madness for them to have taken part. Their loss and thanks to both steelers and Flames for passing on the opportunity. If the congested fixture was such an issue, they could have forfeited the weekends league games and still been 10 points clear at the top :p

moggy#9

Congratulations to all involved in what was a great weekend of hockey and thank you for facilitating an experience that will be long remembered.

As much as Todd is thanking everyone I do think that he too deserves a thank you for having the foresight and ambition to take up the slot when offered. Without that it simply wouldn’t have happened and none of us fans would have had that weekend. He takes some stick on here and social media sometimes rightly but on this occasion and several others he has delivered us great sporting moments for which you have to recognise and appreciate.

As Devils fans whilst not having had the silverware of late and not watching the best of hockey we have become entitled and weekends just gone are a reason just to step back and realise how lucky we also get it.

Well done to everyone involved especially yourself Todd and let’s not beat around the bush here. We demand a lot from the team but the Katowice fans clearly demonstrated that as far as support goes we in the stands haven’t been putting a good enough shift in either of late. The gauntlet has firmly been thrown down.
I imagine that fans of a couple off other teams would be gutted at not having such an event. Certainly the Steelers could have won it with their team.