GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

E.D.S.

Saw one drunk GKS fan being politely but firmly led out during our game vs Blue Fox but that was the only incident I personally saw. They were great other than that, and can apparently summon a goal from the stands with the help of foil
Yeah it was bound to happen. They’d had a bloody good time and maxed out on the beer. A few Devils fans did the same in Grenoble. A good time had all around.
Credit to security this weekend too.

Last edited:

Devils86

It's unfortunate that we're unlikely to get the chance to be in it next season. Hopefully the club will be able to sort some alternative out. Maybe as a preseason event. We could probably learn a lot from the way nomad prepare for the season.
Was discussing the same yesterday: whilst it can be divisive among the fan base I think the CHL provided us with the best possible pre-season. Rather than playing EIHL sides who we will face at least 6 times a season - let's get 3 other sides in for a pre-season tournament (would need to share costs) and either rotate the sides or the location amongst us. Wouldn't need to be a weekend could stretch over slightly longer...

Us; Angers; Herning; Katowice would be a competitive line up...or swap in some of the teams we used to play in pre-season.

NathanG

From memory haven't we played a Croatian KHL team (Shoane Morrison played for them) and a German team called Kreffeld Penguins? It's always good to test yourself against teams from other leagues. I much prefer that to playing Steelers, Cov etc in warm up games

Jonesy83

From memory haven't we played a Croatian KHL team (Shoane Morrison played for them) and a German team called Kreffeld Penguins? It's always good to test yourself against teams from other leagues. I much prefer that to playing Steelers, Cov etc in warm up games
We did, we played Medveščak Zagreb when they were part of the KHL, pre season 16/17 I believe

I remember even the Edinburgh Capitals managed to arrange a preseason tournament called the Gardiner Cup in 2009 and got two AHL teams involved. It was an amazing weekend of hockey - seeing the AHL sides take on Edinburgh and Belfast was a real step up in quality. I've no idea how the Caps management pulled it off, but I'm sure the Devils could do something similar. I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday night, I must say.