Cup semi

So can Petgrave go home in the interim period or what.
It depends on his bail conditions, which haven’t been published. I understand that he’s always complied with all investigations so has a good reputation. It might be that they have asked him not to leave the country until they have made full investigations, not because they assume he’s a risk, but for ease of future interviewing. I hope he has good support from friends and his team if this is the case.

Finny

Nowhere near this team from 16/17 for me:

Lord Martin Mo
Benti Ulmer Doucet
Haddad Myers Asselin
Brine Bordeleu Batch
With Kearney as a spare

A Hotham Richie
Louis Fournier
S Hotham Culligan
And I am a firm believer that the 17/18 Devils was even better.

We lost Doucet, Brine and Bordelau but replaced them with Pope, Faryna and Crowder. We also had Ulmer firing all season and Lord as a spare forward.

On D we brought in Strachan and played the ex-NHLer on our THIRD line with either Reddick or Paris.

That’s a ridiculously strong D and nobody has come close to it since.

The_Stick_

And I am a firm believer that the 17/18 Devils was even better.

We lost Doucet, Brine and Bordelau but replaced them with Pope, Faryna and Crowder. We also had Ulmer firing all season and Lord as a spare forward.

On D we brought in Strachan and played the ex-NHLer on our THIRD line with either Reddick or Paris.

That’s a ridiculously strong D and nobody has come close to it since.
Sheffields D come extremely close imo. It may lack the experience that ours did but there is no denying that they have a brilliant defence

Finny

Sheffields D come extremely close imo. It may lack the experience that ours did but there is no denying that they have a brilliant defence
But they’re playing against a lesser standard of forward.

And surely they lack that high level experience because they weren’t good enough?
Mark Louis has nearly double the AHL games that their whole D has combined

Finny

But those lesser standard of forwards are scoring regularly against every other team, whys that.
Because the standard of all teams is lower than what it was previously. But Sheffield are a little bit better than all of the.

Imagine you mark all teams out of 10. At the start of the EIHL era, most teams were a 4 but the top team (usually Sheffield or Coventry or Belfast) were a 5.
Over the following years the standard of the average team went up, as did the standard of the top teams. By the time we won our second title the overall standard was a 6 but us (and Belfast the following season) were 8s.

Since COVID the level has dropped. So us and most teams are back to a 6. Sheffield are 6.5 to 7.