Parking

nicky27

Thread starter #1
After all the hassle getting into the swimming pool car park this weekend, I have just phoned Cardiff Council and they have confirmed that the car park is for users of ice rink, swimming pool and white water rafting. We CANNOT be stopped using it. If someone tries to stop us on gate, ask for ID to confirm he is official.

Last edited:

Diablo3

They managed to make it a nightmare for GB / Devils fans. When some fans tried saying they were watching the gala, just to get in, they were told it was for officials and stewards of the Gala only and still turned away even though it was only a 1/3rd full. Some fans just turned round and went home. If it is the case they were just chancers, they should be held to account.

Kevlar68

Let's draw a battle line and defend our common ground.
Helmets against swimming caps.
Sticks against goggles.
Blades against flippers.
We gird our loins and stand firm and we sound out loud our battle cry "WE SHALL NOT FEAR YOUR BUTTERFLY STROKE AND WE SHALL REPEL YOUR CRAWL FOR TODAY THIS LAND IS OURS! *

Ejercito Rojas

Let's draw a battle line and defend our common ground.
Helmets against swimming caps.
Sticks against goggles.
Blades against flippers.
We gird our loins and stand firm and we sound out loud our battle cry "WE SHALL NOT FEAR YOUR BUTTERFLY STROKE AND WE SHALL REPEL YOUR CRAWL FOR TODAY THIS LAND IS OURS! *
I see you’re releasing your inner Mel Gibson.

Freeeedommm!!!

Just a reminder that they'll be manning the Car Park again this evening... There is already someone there! I politely told him he has no right to stop us and drove in much to his disappointment.
That’s what we’ll be doing. Asking for ID to show he’s been employed by the Pool, and some documentation to confirm the car park is not available to the public today. I suspect he’s not going to have any. I daresay the swimming folks have already filled the closer Arena car park.

Have Hope#35

On my way back to the car this morning following my altercation on arrival I stopped to have a chat with the man on the gate.

He had got onto the phone to whoever is advising him in his role and confirmed that I am in fact correct and the Car Park is for users of the Pool, Ice Rink and Rafting.

He also agreed the sign on the gate stating it is for Patrons of the Pool Only has been installed without any authority or official say so.

He does not work for the Council and is not there in an Official capacity and therefore has no form of I.D... he confirmed he has clearly been poorly advised in the role he has been attempting to carry out.

At the end he confirmed that he will temper his approach so if you point out that you are a Devils fan who is allowed to use the Car Park, he now recognises that he is unable to prevent you access. He rightly pointed out that it may be full by the time Devils fans show up anyway, he may not be wrong as all Car Parks are very, very busy... Even Toys R Us (Good Luck tonight - worth noting that a second unofficial attendant will join him later)

Diafol

I actually got out of my car to confront a Mercedes driver who was parked in a disabled space at the rink car park, playing with his phone.
"Are you staying or going please ?"
"I just got here."
"That's fine, so can you display your badge please ?"
"I haven't got one"

Let's just say he was soon guilt-tripped into shifting out of the way...

Hedd Wyn John

Nicking disabled spaces is annoying for sure but my other pet peeve is definitely people sitting in the driver seat and messing about when the car park is full. Technically nothing wrong with it of course... but when you're desperate to find a space, are they staying or going?!

Totally off subject I do apologise but didn't want to start a thread on something that could be trivial. Talking about being Peeved off at things, one thing that does my nut in is when visiting away fans start to chant while our intro is on. Is this just a done thing? Do we do it at away games? Not been to an away game myself so don't know but just think it's a bit of a shitty thing to do in someone's barn. I totally get it's a wind up but not every team does it.

Have Hope#35

Totally off subject I do apologise but didn't want to start a thread on something that could be trivial. Talking about being Peeved off at things, one thing that does my nut in is when visiting away fans start to chant while our intro is on. Is this just a done thing? Do we do it at away games? Not been to an away game myself so don't know but just think it's a bit of a shitty thing to do in someone's barn. I totally get it's a wind up but not every team does it.
It's the done thing yes... Normal wherever you go! Generally an away section will be drowned out anyway.

James

Administrator
still had no problem parking in Morrisons this year, even when the game has run over so we've been there longer than the allotted 3 hours. Free and you can drive straight out without sitting in a queue for ages.

BostonBart22

The
I actually got out of my car to confront a Mercedes driver who was parked in a disabled space at the rink car park, playing with his phone.
"Are you staying or going please ?"
"I just got here."
"That's fine, so can you display your badge please ?"
"I haven't got one"

Let's just say he was soon guilt-tripped into shifting out of the way...
There's no official signage that says badge holders only in disabled bays, it is common sense not to park in a disabled bay, but if there's no sign badge holders only , by law anyone can park there.

NathanG

If you park in Morrisons and the game goes into OT or for whatever reason you overstay.. cover your registration plates upon exciting.

Just don't forget to remove whatever it is you've used after you've exited. Anything to save yourself a parking fine.