Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Chris

Administrator
End of the 1st period, Devils 1-1 Steelers :)

1st Period
0-1 - Steelers Goal - Cormier from Watling and Neumann @ 09:27
1-1 - Devils Goal - Arniel from Ully and Barrow @ 13:27

Chris

Administrator
End of the 2nd period, Devils 2-1 Steelers :D

1st Period

2nd Period
2-1 - Devils Goal - Barrow from Donaghey and Arniel @ 27:25

Chris

Administrator
Final score... Devils 4-1 Steelers :D

1st Period

2nd Period
2-1 - Devils Goal - Barrow from Donaghey and Arniel @ 27:25

3rd Period
3-1 - Devils Goal - Cox from Sanford @ 58:21 ENG
4-1 - Devils Goal - Ully unassisted @ 58:48 ENG

Boom! :D

ASHIPP

Devils much improved performance against Steelers than last time played. They were every bit as tactical as Sheffield. Tonight demonstrated there is little between these two teams when our Guys play well. The only issue is that Steelers have been consistent all season long and find ways to win in a variety of situations. Devils build good consistency (13 game winning streak) only to lose to the bottom team last week.

Some great individual performances- Barrow, Mosey, Donaghey, Crawford, Ully with Bownsey at the top of his game.
But more than that...team, Club, fans were as one tonight, just like it used to be.

Two highlights for me....

Goal two, scored by Barrow. Couldn't quite believe that slick ,sharp shot over Greenfield from so far out!
And the look on Ciampini's (sp?) face when Bownsey denied him an almost certain goal with another excellent save!

The Oranges were stuffed, or stuffed oranges...whichever you prefer! ;)

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Well that was some game tonight, we turned over one very good team tonight with a 60 min display and what a night for everyone club, players, fans, they don’t come much better than that tonight. When was the last time we watched a netminder display like we witnessed tonight, Bownsy was truly out of this world and was as solid as a rock, Steelers players were just left aghast trying to beat him, Ben you were simply superb mate. So thank you guys for giving us a night that was simply a blast, we needed that result tonight to get into their heads saying if we meet you in the Play offs then you better watch out, HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Earnie

All the above re Bowns,
The Devils were great. For the majority of the game we were the better team tonight..
There were flashes of brilliance from lines of Sheffield players surging forward which showed why they are top , but tonight we worked the 60 minutes and were the better team.
We may have picked up an injury with Barrow?
A super night of entertainment.

Hoping @Finny or someone has the ice time starts. Crawford and Sandford in particular barely left the ice.
A proper team effort tonight and the highlight of the season for me, which is handy timing with season ticket renewal. Sign me up.
I thought Alderson was excellent but the entire team were too. Couldn’t find a single player to fault.
Busch looked like a shoulder injury from bouncing off a hit he was getting to make. he knew immediately that it was bad and went straight to the changing room. Benny did well to move up into his place on the 3rd line.
What an atmosphere all game as well. One to remember.

Diablo3

I was almost right, I jokingly said 4 - 0 to us at the start. That win will definitely be in their head space in the playoffs, exactly what I wanted. The whole team bought in to the game tonight. Happy days.

kingmo19.1

Gutted I missed tonight’s game, but what a result! Well done to the boys.

I wonder what odds you would have got in that score before the game.

I’m surprised this thread is only 2 pages after such a performance!