Devils Vs Stars - League - 3rd April 24 - FO 19:30

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1712065224083.png

Into the final week of league games and it's another midweek clash... This time against the Dundee Stars!

We've successfully managed to claim 2nd place, something I suspect many of us wouldn't have predicted at the start of the season, but there's no chance to let up as we need to start building some momentum heading into the playoffs, especially with it being the only remaining silverware left...

Stars are in a very, very close playoff race against those around them and will no doubt be looking for the 2 points as well to try and claim their place:

1712065406349.png
*League table taken Tuesday 2nd april*​

ASHIPP

Stars, like the Flyers, have had decent results recently. A tough game for the Devils. Dundee will be difficult opposition.

Looked to us from where we were sat that he was heading at Davies, maybe something said or done after he'd scored his goal. But Brandt was on him like a rocket fair play.

moggy#9

Enjoyed the game. Bowns not mentioned here yet but thought he made a stack of great saves.
One thing again notable for me is our lack of a genuinely big tough player. Full expect and want that addressed for next season
That gets said every summer. We never get one. Unfortunately the clubs philosophy is such that I don't we'll ever get one.

Who did Phelan hit and why did Brandt drop the gloves with him
Dirty slash on Davies at face off. Brandt wasn't having any of it. Slash wasn't called.

Similar with Batch. Initial hit wasn't called.

Crawford also took a huge crosscheck in front of goal that wasn't called.

Wasn't impressed with officials. There were four of them but lots of dirty plays went uncalled.

E.D.S.

Was it Phelan that hit Cox as well just before the goal and the Brandt fight? Fair play to Dundee, they are a physical bunch I thought we held our own.
Bowns played well. Honourable mention to Barrow again. He’s relentless in his work. Chasing the puck down and putting his body on the line.
I didn’t see Brittain last night. Is he still with Stars?

The_Stick_

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t see the need for a big tough player. The only ones I can think of in the EIHL this season and they’re Sean Allen, Cody Sol, Dyson Stevenson and Xavier Pouliot. They all have been less than effective in my opinion

Was it Phelan that hit Cox as well just before the goal and the Brandt fight? Fair play to Dundee, they are a physical bunch I thought we held our own.
Bowns played well. Honourable mention to Barrow again. He’s relentless in his work. Chasing the puck down and putting his body on the line.
I didn’t see Brittain last night. Is he still with Stars?
Totally agree about Bowns and Barrow. Wheels worked his socks off last night.

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t see the need for a big tough player. The only ones I can think of in the EIHL this season and they’re Sean Allen, Cody Sol, Dyson Stevenson and Xavier Pouliot. They all have been less than effective in my opinion
Not sure you are in the minority. As hockey evolves I think more and more penalty discipline comes into it. Two of the stars goals came off hooking penalties. Two of the Devils goals came from power plays off penalties. Dundee lost that game when their discipline crumbled. Cardiff's first power play came from Crandall holding his discipline in the face of roughing, which in turn led to a goal. Stand up for each other yes. But you have to be smart about it. It can win you games.

Don't think the referees helped last night and noticed the Dundee coach wandered around towards the referees changing rooms after the game.