£8.50 ????

Thread starter #1
What's everyone's thoughts on the cost of watching the Cardiff v Dundee Quarters on the big screen at the arena? I have always said it would be a great idea to screen the away games at the arena but at a cost of £8.50 am not sure.

The_Stick_

What's everyone's thoughts on the cost of watching the Cardiff v Dundee Quarters on the big screen at the arena? I have always said it would be a great idea to screen the away games at the arena but at a cost of £8.50 am not sure.
Includes a free drink. I don’t have a problem with the cost if I’m honest. Especially when the Stars stream is £16

Kevlar68

Shouldn't need to charge the takings over the bar would be enough BUT its only a Quarter final and to travel to arena for away games is a bit of a trek for most. I myself would definitely do it for all of the play off weekend if i had the bar.
They showed the Play off final there the once and it was well attended but never did it again and the numbers were good as we went there and there was a constant foot fall to bar.

The_Stick_

Shouldn't need to charge the takings over the bar would be enough BUT its only a Quarter final and to travel to arena for away games is a bit of a trek for most. I myself would definitely do it for all of the play off weekend if i had the bar.
They showed the Play off final there the once and it was well attended but never did it again and the numbers were good as we went there and there was a constant foot fall to bar.
I assume it means they would have to stop the public skate?

personally think its a great idea ok its £8.50 but a pint is nearly £6 , I was only saying the other day why dont they put it on in the bar, so for me well done todd, great for fans from cardiff but if you have to travel then not so great.

ASHIPP

Travelling would be the only issue. Otherwise what a great idea to watch our team playing an important away game with friends and family....close to the bar!

Kevlar68

I do applaud the Devils Org. for putting the night on and including first drink £8.50 is a good price as long as it's not a limited choice of drink ( i miss read the post and thought it was just £8.50 entry). For me the travel is just wee bit far for a quarter final but if we get to the finals weekend and they put it on in the bar i'll be there.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Think the Nottingham weekend play offs will maybe be on Premier Sports, if so can’t see them letting it be shown in public places unless it’s heavily paid for.

Kevlar68

IF they have a bars licence that allows them to show sport on screens which i'm assuming they have as they're showing Stars game then Premier Sports may have a public licence price for one off purchases if the play off weekend can be bought as a one off event similar to pay per view.
It's all revenue for Premier Sports if they allow public licence access to events so i can't see why they wouldn't but it would depend on the cost.

Diafol

Elevens - Gareth Bales bar opposite the castle.
I can remember being in Walkabout in 2016 for the Steelers / Devils title decider.

TBH I think showing the SF in the rink bar is a great idea.
If I didn't live an hour's drive away I'd have bought a ticket.

E.D.S.

Great initiative and seems well priced. It's the kind of thing that if, we as fans, back this, the Devils org will do more of them. I'm in.

Kevlar68

Maybe for final weekend get some camp beds in hospitality suites and dotted around the arena so we don't have to leave and come back next day. Shower in the locker rooms and your ready to carry on drinking :D:p

Wannabe2

Think Sunday is a really good idea, and well pleased it’s a sell out very important game should be great atmosphere, always good to see friends,great price and it should be a real blast. Well played Devils love the idea.

Love the idea and hope it can encourage discussion about ideas moving away from the PPV nature of webcasts being the only viable way for most to follow away games. I understand that they must bring in some decent money especially for the less affluent clubs, but I don't know many people who are too happy dropping 15+ quid every week on streams' and I can only imagine they serve as a barrier to expanding interest in the league for long term sustainability