Parking

Thread starter #1
Devils have put on Facebook it now gala only parking tonight, it is getting beyond a joke now. One minute they are saying anyone can park and now it gala only. Really getting fed up of this now! Better be sorted next season. Shouldn't have to worry about parking!!

Earnie

It’s not Devils fault. They were miss informed by Council in the first instance.
i however agree it does need sorting for next season. There is ground available to the South but it needs preparation to be suitable.

pjj365

It’s not Devils fault. They were miss informed by Council in the first instance.
i however agree it does need sorting for next season. There is ground available to the South but it needs preparation to be suitable.
The Council need to open the vaccination cap park as a matter of course - but not charge - it's as rubbish as the south car park

If only the owners of both the rink and the pool also owned some sort of public transport company, perhaps a bus company, who could alleviate the issues by increasing the frequency of the number 9 bus on days they know both facilities have big events on?

Diafol

If only the owners of both the rink and the pool also owned some sort of public transport company, perhaps a bus company, who could alleviate the issues by increasing the frequency of the number 9 bus on days they know both facilities have big events on?
Agree to some extent but that doesn't help matters when you live outside the Diff and buses home after 6pm just don't exist.

Diafol

Devils have put on Facebook it now gala only parking tonight, it is getting beyond a joke now. One minute they are saying anyone can park and now it gala only. Really getting fed up of this now! Better be sorted next season. Shouldn't have to worry about parking!!
Surely it can't be that difficult for the Devils to liaise with the pool when sorting out fixtures ?

Options include
Driving round like a mad person manifesting a parking space
Abandon it on the roundabout
Park it on double yellows - use blue badge or pop a sign on saying you a first responder
Leave the driver in the car to keep moving it when someone in a yellow jacket or with blue flashy lights come by (who needs to watch the game anyway)
Park in Morrisons and pay extra if the game exceeds 3 hours (no ot tonight - should be ok)
Stay at home and buy the webcast

Disclaimer - please park sensibly and legally. all above apart from Morrisons is said in jest

Hedd Wyn John

I've been keeping this as my 'secret' parking spot but since we are going to be in parking chaos. I'll give up my spot. Literally 2 minutes walk past Wilcox house is a empty car park with no enforcement. I reckon theres at least 50 spaces and its always empty in the evenings. The address is Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavy Dr CF11 0SN. I've parked in there for years with no issue. Of course you use it at your own risk.
Some people might be tempted to try parking in the various offices such as Global Reach but they WILL fine you, so don't chance it.

Gough60

This fixture (quarter final) is an anomaly.
1. We may not have finished in top to actually qualify for playoffs.
2. We usually play the 1st leg away, so this would not even be a bone of contention if we played in Dundee tonight.

Diafol

This fixture (quarter final) is an anomaly.
1. We may not have finished in top to actually qualify for playoffs.
2. We usually play the 1st leg away, so this would not even be a bone of contention if we played in Dundee tonight.
2. It probably would have as apparently the gala is on tomorrow too.

kingmo19.1

Pool ‘traffic police’ still at the entrance to the car park - now with cones! The car park is half empty, so I’m not sure what their remit actually is!

Jonesy83

Pool guard on entrance to pool car park, I asked him what was going on and he said there’s a swimming gala on.
I told him that’s what I’m here for and he let me straight in.

He’s a youngster and isn’t gonna question anyone who says they are there for the swimming

BostonBart22

Suggestion friday night games instead of Saturdays, pool carpark will be empty as it closes 5.30 plus will benefit devils as they will have rest ready for sunday games.. belfast play a lot on Fridays, I'm sure we had 3 or 4 this season as well.

E.D.S.

That would be ideal except normally the gala's are three days. They usually start on the Friday night with the longer races... 1500m, 800m etc

E.D.S.

What's frustrating about the parking tonight was that at 5-5:30 those swimmers that didn't make the finals were leaving. That's the bulk of them. The finals started at 6pm so everyone that was partaking was already there. No one new was arriving for the gala. They didn't need to man the car park and could have let Devils fans park there. Just daft and thoughtless. Creates unnecessary problems.