Parking

Agree to some extent but that doesn't help matters when you live outside the Diff and buses home after 6pm just don't exist.
Well, if fans like me who live in the city have a more attractive public transport offer then the knock on effect is it lessens the load on the car park which benefits those who need to drive in.

Diafol

Fair point well made.
Considering that the Welsh Government are trying hard to force people out of cars, they're not providing much of an alternative.

nicky27

I spoke to Todd before game yesterday. He said that the only time that the swimming pool car park will be manned is when there is a gala taking place (he said this happens 3 times a year) so we will see!!

E.D.S.

Ah didn't know that, ah well chaos next season again then unless other parking available..
I was talking to one of the parents at the gala who (not that it helps us) didn’t want to be there for two days either, he looked defeated. It was only when he said “I’m just grateful it’s not three days like usual” I sort of understood his predicament. Three days watching that shite, that’s intense.

turned up for the game at 5.45pm... Toys R Us attendants turning cars away.
thought i would chance it and get into the pool care park, car park virtually empty and stewards standing there with cones stopping people getting in.. ended up parking in the overflow carpark behind Tots R Us.
if the car park was full, then not a problem with blocking it off, but to be empty takes the mick...

E.D.S.

thought i would chance it and get into the pool care park, car park virtually empty and stewards standing there with cones stopping people getting in.. ended up parking in the overflow carpark behind Tots R Us.
if the car park was full, then not a problem with blocking it off, but to be empty takes the mick...
Just mindless. No other cars for the gala would be arriving by then either. Jobsworths!

MA18

Ridiculous. If the events were the same time and if the pool do indeed have ‘ownership’ of the car park then understandable.

As most Devils fans turned up around 6 onwards while the Gala was coming to an end and thinning out and the unlikely event of anymore spectators or officials turning up at that hour turning people away at that time was pointless.

I’m sure the guys in HiVis were just doing as they were told and the people who made the rules for the day couldn't be arsed giving it any thought.

BostonBart22

few rumours out there as pool spectators couldnt get into pool carpark were using toys r us car park for free, total mess all round think its time to get proper signage up at pool carpark and toys r us car park regarding rules and regulations and who gets the cash from toys r us carpark as no recipts are issued..do the stewards work for devils or ccc ?..just saying...and its strange all of a sudden the pool got a lease on apparently their car park, would love to see that in writing on official ccc paperwork..

MA18

few rumours out there as pool spectators couldnt get into pool carpark were using toys r us car park for free, total mess all round think its time to get proper signage up at pool carpark and toys r us car park regarding rules and regulations and who gets the cash from toys r us carpark as no recipts are issued..do the stewards work for devils or ccc ?..just saying...and its strange all of a sudden the pool got a lease on apparently their car park, would love to see that in writing on official ccc paperwork..
Toys R Us carpark is run and staffed by CCC and I’m sure they make a decent amount of money from it over a season.

The stewards do give a ticket when you pay, I presume that more to figure out how much cash they should bank a night not to police the carpark.

It wasn’t to bad when CCC was renting Wilcox house over by the harvester and was open g that up to - nice agreement CCC had there, sub letting someone else’s carpark.

I’m sure it’s all manageable but just take some communication between the Devils, the pool/gala organisers and CCC.