THE FINAL

sheffield will win this easily and show how far the devils are from being serious challengers for silverware given that we made belfast look good.

i hope giants win and take the continental cup place because id rather us give it a miss next season.will the giants tire in the last period?guess we'll soon see.

Devil94

On the day I'm glad Sheffield won, and there's not many days I say that. Sheffield fans would have been happy with the season regardless, so better to have one of those fanbases happy instead of 2.

Plus it might give us entry into CC? I thought because CC was play off winners that it would go to the play off finalists, not second in the league. But would love to be in it if eligible, highlight of the season is any Euro competition

kettdevil1

Enjoyable, high quality game. Not totally convinced the best team won though. Greenfield was outstanding and kept Steelers in it for long periods of the game and if it hadn't have been for the major on Prinz then the result might have been different. I know Giants fans are up in arms about Dalton giving the penalty but as soon as it happened I thought 'major' so..... it really wasn't that soft. I though Allen (I think) got away with one later in the game (he got 2 rather than 5 for a broadly similar hit) but as a neutral, I didn't think it was a bad call.

Sheffield's speed on the PP was tremendous, you can see why they had the best PP in the league. They were also physical when needed and blocked the channels so well which caused the Giants to rely on broken plays.

More impressed than I thought I would be by Belfast, they definitely looked up for it and 5 on 5 they edged it for me.

moggy#9

Euro competitions are great for fans who love to travel but the schedule absolutely kills any chance of winning the league, focus on our own league and win that before stepping near chl or conti cup again.
Are you seriously suggesting that's the difference between us and the Steelers. Just as well we cleverly got ourselves knocked out of the challenge cup to keep the fixture list down a bit then, eh? Alternatively we could look closer to home as to why we couldn't keep up. Maybe our pp and top forwards who went AWOL would be good places to start.

Swarley

Are you seriously suggesting that's the difference between us and the Steelers. Just as well we cleverly got ourselves knocked out of the challenge cup to keep the fixture list down a bit then, eh? Alternatively we could look closer to home as to why we couldn't keep up. Maybe our pp and top forwards who went AWOL would be good places to start.

Nope the difference between us and the Steelers is they had players who gave 100% every game, euro competitions shouldn't be top priority for a team or a club that can't grab that top spot and hold it, the challenge cup is and will always be absolutely pointless games to me I'd rather they scrap that and do a proper playoff format instead, and I'd rather Russell gets himself focused on fixing how crap our power play and team was and win us the league next season.

Challenge cup = a dogs dinner of a competition
Playoffs = complete luck unless you've built a team like Sheffield did this season
The League is where the clubs priority should be going forward in my opinion... That's if the league can sort out the abomination of officiating clubs are subjected to.

moggy#9

While I agree with you about the merits of the different competitions (I have my thoughts about that, which I'll write up at some point), I consider the euro competitions massively important. Yes, I'd prefer we'd be in the chl, the continental cup gives us a massive opportunity - if only we could put together a team that can actually execute.

I really don't feel in terms of games a maximum of six games over two weekends should be a massive problem - if we stand our corner in the fixtures meeting.

Ocko

Our PP was 2nd best in the league. A 25% PP isn’t AWOL. That’s decent.

The narrative that our PP isn’t good is fake news.

Finny

From what I saw the problem with the PP was entering the zone.

Once we got in, we were pretty good at moving it around and creating changes.
The main problem - especially at the start of the season - was that we were trying to be too fancy with drop passes to get into the zone.