Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

moggy#9

I suspect that there might be a few factors between club and player: he probably thinks he should be in a higher line, club probably thinks we can upgrade, maybe question marks about how fragile he is, whether he's too lightweight and whether his development has stalled.

The_Stick_

I suspect that there might be a few factors between club and player: he probably thinks he should be in a higher line, club probably thinks we can upgrade, maybe question marks about how fragile he is, whether he's too lightweight and whether his development has stalled.
I’d say yes to your final 2 points. I don’t want to see Waller go, but I don’t think he’s developed into what we all expected. I don’t think that’s entirely Josh’s fault though. 3 coaches in 3 seasons is always going to affect someone’s growth when each will have different ideas and plans for what role they want him to play

BostonBart22

His latest injury may be a factor in all this, don't know what the injury was , but could play a month into season then bang out again for another long spell, nobody knows but devils would have an insight to his latest injury and possible outcome.. just saying ..

moggy#9

I’d say yes to your final 2 points. I don’t want to see Waller go, but I don’t think he’s developed into what we all expected. I don’t think that’s entirely Josh’s fault though. 3 coaches in 3 seasons is always going to affect someone’s growth when each will have different ideas and plans for what role they want him to play
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but he's certainly not top 6 for a team contending for the league.

GAVIN

I suspect that there might be a few factors between club and player: he probably thinks he should be in a higher line, club probably thinks we can upgrade, maybe question marks about how fragile he is, whether he's too lightweight and whether his development has stalled.[/QUOTE some really good points in there

BostonBart22

Duggie in talks with Glasgow Clan
Totally agree , not the player at the level he should be, had enough chances to improve unfortunately, no doubt will get more icetime at clan if true, surely Harewood will be our first brit signing, plus fournier our first import signing for a season tkt push.

ASHIPP

So if 2 brits are looking to be going what brits could we see coming our way?
Bailey Harewood surely will get his shot now...am sure I read that PR had said early last season that Bailey needed a bit longer in the NIHL.
Rumours about Ollie Betteridge. It's been stated that the coaches and management really like him. What's not to like?! A player with maturity beyond his years and talented too. But he is a pivotal part of Panthers' roster and their Captain last year.
Lewis Hook?

The_Stick_

Bailey Harewood surely will get his shot now...am sure I read that PR had said early last season that Bailey needed a bit longer in the NIHL.
Rumours about Ollie Betteridge. It's been stated that the coaches and management really like him. What's not to like?! A player with maturity beyond his years and talented too. But he is a pivotal part of Panthers' roster and their Captain last year.
Lewis Hook?
I’ve heard Lewis Hook is a terrible locker room guy and teammate if rumours coming out of Belfast are to be believed..

moggy#9

Lewis Hook?
Harewood has the advantage of size, but from what I've seen, which admittedly isn't much, he seems a decent skater with good hands. I suspect that the reasoning in giving him last season in the national league was to allow him to grow a bit more - both in stature and confidence. Hopefully he'll emerge into a Nicky chin style player.

The_Stick_

Duggan came in as a top prospect. Unlike Waller, I can’t remember him consistently playing Top 9 minutes. I think he just gradually turned into a 4th line grinder and never really took the (limited) opportunities given to him