Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

Wannabe2

Myself I don’t think Sol could hold a candle to Hendo or Louis, he don’t hit like either of them, and what I have seen of him he wouldn’t make our team in a month of Sundays. Thats my opinion.

bb1

I would argue he is as good as Hendrikx. Their stats are almost identical with Sol spending more time in the AHL.

It’s an unfair comparison to the others you make. Sol would be our 5th/6th D man, the ones you’ve mentioned were either the number 1 D man, or top shut down D man. A fairer comparison would be Mark Louis, who played in all of those players’ teams. Take away the sentiment and he more than measures up to Louis and Hendrikx. The league is also many steps back on what it was a few years ago.
Our D has been poor since the Lordo days. My point was to just show the calibre of D men we have had when we were winning silverwear and comparing to Sol, who imo is a waste of an import slot. Id take Blake Thompson over him all day everyday. He is not what we need.

Richie has slowed considerably (but still has many other great attributes), Batch has never been a quick but again has been superb toward the end of the season. Sol is slower than both and offers little, in fact id say Rhymsha is a better option (which speaks volumes sadly).

With Wilde departing and Crawford/Mosey looking unlikely to return then we have some skates to fill. If PR and TK are serious about silverwear then Sol isnt going to cut it imo.

Earnie

I would have liked to keep Wilde -but hey ho he’s gone!
As for Sol - big body in his favour. If he’s not good enough to be called to stay at Belfast then why should we have him?

moggy#9

Our D has been poor since the Lordo days. My point was to just show the calibre of D men we have had when we were winning silverwear and comparing to Sol, who imo is a waste of an import slot. Id take Blake Thompson over him all day everyday. He is not what we need.

Richie has slowed considerably (but still has many other great attributes), Batch has never been a quick but again has been superb toward the end of the season. Sol is slower than both and offers little, in fact id say Rhymsha is a better option (which speaks volumes sadly).

With Wilde departing and Crawford/Mosey looking unlikely to return then we have some skates to fill. If PR and TK are serious about silverwear then Sol isnt going to cut it imo.
Where is there Crawford and mosey unlikely to return stuff come from? The only thing I've seen is a content about Mosey's name plate.

hip check

I just hope we have a little more entertainment next season with some players with some size who make use of their attributes.
We have gone down the small and skilful route for the last couple of seasons n with one or two players with size but not using it.
Having a 5'8" player as our main hitter/enforcer is not really ideal although he is game I admit.
A fair few fans on here have expressed concerns over some players in some games taking a'night off' and showing lack of urgency or passion for the cause (some probably on some of the higher salaries). The reason I fell in love with hockey was the passion, grit and sheer determination of the players and I'm not talking of who can knock the most teeth out.
This coming season I would love to recapture that attitude in the team we put together, I love the skill the players possess but sometimes the grit and passion was sadly lacking. Not looking for a team of Mike Wares but a team that maybe would lose 5-4 but leave it all on the ice with us supporters going home well pleased with an evening of good entertainment and looking forward to the next game, on some nights I watched probably the exact opposite, lacklustre, no passion, out fought and easily beaten.
I am happy to be entertained for my entrance fee and realistic enough to know that it's tough to win this league and if we don't always win as long as the team put the effort and passion in and watch their teammates backs I will go home happy and feel that I had my monies worth.
So let's see what kind of team we see on the ice this coming season.

Wannabe2

I just hope we have a little more entertainment next season with some players with some size who make use of their attributes.
We have gone down the small and skilful route for the last couple of seasons n with one or two players with size but not using it.
Having a 5'8" player as our main hitter/enforcer is not really ideal although he is game I admit.
A fair few fans on here have expressed concerns over some players in some games taking a'night off' and showing lack of urgency or passion for the cause (some probably on some of the higher salaries). The reason I fell in love with hockey was the passion, grit and sheer determination of the players and I'm not talking of who can knock the most teeth out.
This coming season I would love to recapture that attitude in the team we put together, I love the skill the players possess but sometimes the grit and passion was sadly lacking. Not looking for a team of Mike Wares but a team that maybe would lose 5-4 but leave it all on the ice with us supporters going home well pleased with an evening of good entertainment and looking forward to the next game, on some nights I watched probably the exact opposite, lacklustre, no passion, out fought and easily beaten.
I am happy to be entertained for my entrance fee and realistic enough to know that it's tough to win this league and if we don't always win as long as the team put the effort and passion in and watch their teammates backs I will go home happy and feel that I had my monies worth.
So let's see what kind of team we see on the ice this coming season.
100% totally agree with every word from hip check, with the money Steelers and Giants are now chucking at the game it’s going to get harder to win the league. But that can be off loaded by being entertained most games, and getting your moneys worth. We are getting great crowds lately and may that long continue, but that will only last so long unless people are entertained for their money, as the previous poster has rightly stated we don’t need a team full of Knuckledraggers, we all know those days have gone, but let’s have a team with passion, backbone, a team that play for each other and not for themselves, players who will go thru a brick wall for each other and for the shirt. We need to leave our arena after a game feeling well content and looking forward to the next game, yes we will have off nights everyone does, but please let’s be entertained, finishing 2nd last season was a good result, but so many of those games were incredibly boring. Only time will tell.

ASHIPP

Those clubs with larger crowd capacities are going to have a larger 'income' pot to attract players...Giants, Steelers, Panthers.
The rest of the coaches/GMs in the league have to be clever with their recruitment....and hopefully recruit a balanced team and get lucky with some gems of players.
No shame in lowering expectations. Every fan of every team in the league wants and hopes their team will win something. Teams can still be entertaining, bringing passion and commitment every night. The only realistic expectation we can hope for is a passionate, committed team who HATE losing and are very difficult to play against.

jenks33

They’ve said new signing - so would Fournier count as a new signing?

Perlini or MacDonald would be my guess - but I don’t think I’ve ever had one right!
I see what you mean, he’s been here before so he isn’t new but technically he would be a new signing. I’m still going with Fournier but we’ll see