Search results

1. James

Upcoming season thoughts

Chance would be a fine thing
  2. James

Viola arena no more? (IAW is back)

The arena sponsorship would be with the IAW not the Devils. Although they sponsored the Devils too to a lesser extent, and I know the arena and Devils are in some ways entwined it shouldn't have a massive knock on effect to the club I don't think.
  3. James

Ackered

We played them 11th Nov 1994 in the Europa Cup losing 2-13
  4. James

Programme archive

Ive scanned another one, its a biggie. https://www.dropbox.com/s/86q91kvs7cc7lrx/1990-04-22%20Heiniken%20final.pdf?dl=0 Heniken final 1990. I'm placing glass over the top of the programme to flatten it out before taking the photos which seems to give a better result. takes less than 10 minutes...
  5. James

Programme archive

So I’ve got a big mound of old Devils ephemera from day one. Partly gifted to me, partly from my own collection. The advent of modern phones means that it’s actually quite easy to scan these all in now. The question is does anyone care or is interested. It’s quick to do but there is a _lot_ of...
  6. James

Rumour mill

Mosey seemed to come back from injury last season with a point to prove and played some amazing hockey. If he comes back this season with the same level of energy, and I see no reason why not, he's going to be a huge player for us next year. I don't understand why Panthers fans were so...
  7. James

Rumour mill

I'm not so sure. In the hockey world I believe it's common for the coach not to recruit and Lord hinted in his leaving press conference that some of last years team have probably already re-signed
  8. James

Not great news for the Clan ....

Not good at all. I've had second hand experience of KPMG as my wife works for HMV who had them appointed a couple of years ago. They won't keep anything going that isn't profitable or an obvious quick sell.
  9. James

Rumour mill

Was Lord not also in line for a percentage of the club if he completes his contract here? That may hold some sway unless they are swinging big money.
  10. James

Ex players current jobs.

Doug MacIver had a reality TV show selling cars https://www.autoremarketing.com/arcanada/‘bargain-brothers’-ridetime-tackle-reality-tv Tyson Teplitsky works for Bauer as Stick Product Manager
  11. James

Top 7 EIHL Defensemen ...

It was a fan vote, so all the Devils fans probably voted for Fournier :)
  12. James

Request

Today at 1pm https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/signing-news-today/
  13. James

Awards

Riley is tweeting very much as if he's still a devils player. You can't read too much into stuff but he sounds like he's planning on being back
  14. James

steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

Kipper raises a very fine point. No thanks
  15. James

Spare ticket for tonight ...

If you need two give the Devils a shout
  16. James

Pubs in Cardiff showing CC Final

Fuel will probably show it if you ask
  17. James

steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

And so we reach the first title of the season and its once again steelers Vs Devils. We'll have sized them up tonight (friday) but whatever happens, this is a different game and do or die for both teams. steelers will be the hometeam on the ice for this game due to their path to the final...
  18. James

Blaze Vs Devils - 23 Feb 20 - League

Devils make the short trip to Coventry Sunday night to take on the Blaze. Blaze are one of the inform teams at the moment and points are vital for both teams.
  19. James

Devils Vs Flames - 22 Feb 20 - League

Devils 'welcome' the flames to the bay on Saturday night. After suffering an away defeat less than a week ago in Guildford hopefully we can repay the favour.