Search results

1. M

Bownsy at Graz

As I started the thread, I'll take this. Simply put, of all the clubs players from the devils have gone to, Graz happened to offer a free stream of some of their pre season games. Added to the curiosity factor, and the fact that Graz seem a nice bunch, I'm learning German, so I want to see how...
  2. M

Ben O’Connor .....

Dunbar is a quality player. I'd expect him to do very well at that level.
  3. M

Ben O’Connor .....

With With the lack of match fitness they'll get destroyed by the opposition.
  4. M

Ben O’Connor .....

Given all the criticism that bownsy took for not going to a euro league, I haven't seen the same about O'Connor. I really don't see how he spends all year in a development league and steps up to pool A.
  5. M

Stanley Cup Final Tampa v Dallas

I usually struggle to find the time to watch full matches when I record them. In usually rely on the NHL highlights package and the review by the hockey guy on YouTube. I agree about posting the score though. No spoilers seems a reasonable courtesy.
  6. M

New Devils coach found!

John Griffith, iirc came from the Netherlands.
  7. M

Official: 2020-2021 League suspended

It's disappointing that certain threads are becoming unpleasant, making this necessary.
  8. M

New Devils coach found!

Listening to all of these interviews leaves me in awe at what a great GM Todd is, and how highly respected or club is in the hockey world. The wait for the 21/22 season is going to be agonising.
  9. M

New Devils coach found!

I'm incredibly excited about this. I think this guy is going to make a massive impact.
  10. M

New Devils coach found!

https://www.guelphmercury.com/community-story/6210129-from-japan-to-guelph-jarrod-skalde-s-hockey-journey-lands-in-the-royal-city/
  11. M

New Devils coach found!

HTTPS://www.nhl.com/video/dev-camp-skalde-062918/t-277350912/c-60724403
  12. M

New Devils coach found!

https://flamesnation.ca/2020/06/23/one-game-wonders-jarrod-skalde/
  13. M

New Devils coach found!

I'm finding some interesting articles. I will post links when it's official.
  14. M

New Devils coach found!

I need to do some more reading, but first impression is that I'm impressed that the club can not only attract someone of that calibre, but also apparently get them to commit long term.
  15. M

New Devils coach found!

A varied coaching and playing career. Lots of experience. Can't see the connection with the "clues" from the other day though.
  16. M

New Devils coach found!

Sounds like a very interesting CV.
  17. M

New Devils coach found!

It looks like the info has leaked on the devils website. I won't make the guy here in case people are avoiding spoilers.
  18. M

New Devils coach found!

That's a fair point but as I know ibbz, I respect his hockey knowledge and his connections, they have been done enlightening posts.
  19. M

New Devils coach found!

I think that this coach selection could be a real statement of intent by the club.
  20. M

New Devils coach found!

Wow, Gordie Dwyer would be impressive. Ticks all the boxes including European knowledge and lots of connections.