Search results

1. K

Government Announces Rescue Package

All the Planet Ice rinks were open in England after the initial lockdown and the government gave the green light. They’ve been doing public skating for months.
  2. K

I might be wrong, but I think I recall Todd saying in one of his interviews that to re-open (IAW), it needs to be financially viable and that would only really happen when the Devils are permitted to play. Does make me wonder would the pent up demand potentially see some decent sized crowds...
  3. K

A step in the right direction:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011 (Indoor venues maximum of 1,000. Probably not feasible for the larger teams, but it’s a step in the right direction).
  4. K

That's great news and much needed. At least my taxes are going to a worthwhile cause. (I did chuckle to myself when reading that we're valued as being 4 x greater than Greyhound Racing !!!!!)
  5. K

Possibly some good news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54986208 Excellent news for you Wannabe :-)
  6. K

Possibly some good news.

Any vaccine with an efficacy rate over 90+ % is an extraordinary effort In such a short period of time. Doesn’t need to be 100% effective (no vaccine is), but a high efficacy means the virus will be severely restricted in jumping from person to person. Eventually, with mass inoculation it will...
  7. K

Possibly some good news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54902908
  8. K

Possibly some good news.

Typical Mazzoak - in every silver lining there is a cloud :-). You must be Wannabe’s polar opposite cousin :-)
  9. K

Possibly some good news.

I think there will be further good news from AstraZeneca/Oxford and Moderna in the next few weeks who are also concluding Phase 3 trials. The more vaccines that hat are proven then the quicker the process will be.
  10. K

Possibly some good news.

And on that happy note .......
  11. K

Webcast tomorrow

I’m giving this a miss .... each to their own, but can’t really see it being a quality spectacle with some players having not seen the ice for over 6 months then jumping straight into a game.
  12. K

Possibly some good news.

Your assuming the sponsorship / revenue that each team was used to will be seamlessly there when COVID is over? Can’t see that being the case myself. Glasgow have already stated budget challenges when things eventually resume and they were import shopping at Canadian Usports level before...
  13. K

Possibly some good news.

Completely agree with you, but I'm just saying if teams reduce import levels then there is little choice but to back-fill with Brits - will probably be 3 lines maximum with imports rotating (bit like the good old days!) Hopefully after a season or two with some form of normality things would...
  14. K

Possibly some good news.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see the league return with a reduced import level for a couple of seasons. As Chalmers alluded to for them it’s going to be heavily budget focused. For any return, there would need to be league parity in import levels for it to be somewhat competitive. Pointless the...
  15. K

Possibly some good news.

Fantastic news - hat's off to the scientists, that's an amazing breakthrough. Next (equally difficult) challenge being the logistics for deployment and when administered, how does one prove he/she has been vaccinated (certificate). I'm sure Boris & Co have already thought all that through...
  16. K

Favourite Jersey

Love the old logo - original and nothing I have seen looks like it. Has presence and the Devil looks a bit nasty! Hate the current logo - looks like a comic drawing like many other logos these days. That old logo painted on the side of the IAW would look awesome!
  17. K

Season so far

Scoreboard needs fixing, still showing 0-0 !
  18. K

Season so far

The beer is totally tasteless! ...... and the queue is becoming a joke! Been waiting now for over 7 months and still not been served!
  19. K

Season so far

Worst team ever - they’ve all gone missing in action! Forwards are useless, not even a single goal scored! Very happy with the D and Netminding though, not a single goal conceded so far. Todd needs to up his PA game, can’t even hear him! Block 13, totally embarrassing this season!