Search results

1. Samael

Dupont named head coach

OK so it's your opinion that winning a trophy that needs a two legged aggregate win and two one offs played and won is harder than a 'mini league' as you put it that involves a group stage, a quarter, semi and then final. Makes perfect sense.... Think l'm just going to walk away from this one...
  2. Samael

Dupont named head coach

You are trying to argue your opinion against FACT. Once the league is done, it is a FACT that less games are played in the playoffs that lead to a tinpot trophy being awarded compared to the Challenge Cup, another tinpot trophy (that's my opinion btw Kev, not fact about the cc;) ). It is...
  3. Samael

Dupont named head coach

What is not to get? I've already said it. LEAST AMOUNT OF GAMES. Counting the league finish as part of the playoffs is ridiculous given the amount of teams in the elite league at present. Winning the playoffs requires one two legged game then two games in the NIC.... End of. You typed lots of...
  4. Samael

Dupont named head coach

Fixed that for you. Let's not turn this thread into yet another one focused on a one dimensional attention seeking troll though. I think signing Dupont is a good move, rather him than someone with experience in higher leagues who performs well when interviewed by Kelman but doesn't...
  5. Samael

Dupont named head coach

Dupont wasn't the head coach for the bulk of the season though to get us to the playoffs so I'm not sure what point you are making here. Again though, finishing in the top 8 in a 10 league team is hardly impressive if you have a budget and a half decent off ice team. If it was top 8 in a 16...
  6. Samael

Dupont named head coach

It's the easiest trophy to win as its the least amount of games required. I don't even know why its called the playoffs as its too short to be considered a playoff as such. It isn't rocket science to realise the league is the hardest, followed by the Cc. If a best of series formed part of the...
  7. Samael

Dupont named head coach

Thommo is a prime example. Polarising characters like Mike Keenan and John Tortorella in the Nhl also gave zero f*cks about what fans thought of them or their tactics and was clearly demonstrated when they gave interviews.
  8. Samael

Dupont named head coach

Best of luck to him. I said in another thread a few weeks ago l wouldn't be bothered if he was appointed or not, l still feel like this. He says all the right things in interviews, l do think a lot of that is just telling fans what they want to hear though. He's a rookie coach, with a season of...
  9. Samael

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

I agree, we certainly aren't the only club that uses uni places to tempt players. I just don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that a player would come here to concentrate on off ice activities and playing is secondary. I'm not going to name names but I'm sure you can think of a few...
  10. Samael

You say that, but how many aging players have been tempted to Cardiff on the promise of a university course. I don't think this rumour is as bizarre as you think it is. I've often thought some of our recruitment has been a 'jobs for the boys' situation. At least with the gassing of BOC we have...
  11. Samael

Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

It's the way some people take it upon themselves to be critical that is the issue. There have been some really rude and mean spirited remarks made on here that were not needed. It's always the usual suspects too.
  12. Samael

Haha, yeah you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise they are still posting here just under another name, despite how much they deny it.
  13. Samael

5 coaches needed

Won't bother me if Dupont gets the gig or not, l get what some people are saying in that he's unproven and won the easiest of the 3 trophies on offer, (still baffles me why the playoffs are considered with higher regard than the challenge cup) but he does have eihl experience now which is worth...
  14. Samael

If Martin and Fourns come home that will be a massive coup for the club. I don't normally listen to rumours as it's usually just people plucking things out of their arse with a long pair of tweezers, but if this is true all l can say is Kelman, take my season ticket money now!!
  15. Samael

So we win the playoffs for the third year straight, secure a spot in the continental Cup therefore denying Shuff anything this year and blocking the Giants from completing a grand slam, and what are the inferno regulars talking about in the playoff thread? Some poor young inexperienced...
  16. Samael

Are the Devils Cardiffs least appreciated team?

Prime example of the poor coverage for the devils below. The article is supposed to be about us winning the play offs and because it's written by someone from BBC NI it prattles on about the giants. I've noticed there has been a definite bias towards the giants for many years on the BBC sports...
  17. Samael

Are the Devils Cardiffs least appreciated team?

I don't think enough people buy or read Newspapers any more to justify this. Most exposure is digital these days, things like twatter and fecesbook, and the Devils are covered there. That said, regional news coverage on TV and radio are awful, l'd say that is down to the local journalists not...
  18. Samael

Pacha leaves Stars

The Stars TV interview with him and the owner says the team he's going to will be taking him on in a ceo role, whatever that means. I see Nottingham have also announced Doucet is gone so l think it's a given Pacha is replacing him and likely be doing his job but with a different title, Doucet...
  19. Samael

Pacha leaves Stars

It makes senes for Pacha to be off to Nottingham after the way he coached Manchester and Dundee on a modest budget. Nottingham brought in Wallace from MK due to his experience running a shoe string team. Neil Black is a cheapskate owner who is only involved to make money so he will expect...