Search results

1. M

Love this game.

I saw a post on Facebook saying that some of the owners are over for the start of the season. Perhaps it's something that should be pointed out to them first hand.
  2. M

Matt Register on 2 ales

Whatever the background to register not returning, I'm glad to have jardine back. In his last spell, once he'd settled, he looked excellent. With a few years of experience in good leagues he's going to bring a lot to the table.
  3. M

Love this game.

Back in the early days bad language and drunken behaviour could be a problem, especially on road trips. Luckily we had people like the late Jim Mannings, who made sure that people knew when they overstepped the bounds. That helped build the club to the environment it became. In my opinion what...
  4. M

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

I think that what's impressive with the devils recruitment is that you can see some form of succession planning going on. It's been a hallmark of the feels organisation that they think a few seasons ahead, something that some other clubs fail to do.
  5. M

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

I'm surprised that the league doesn't have a standard contract to prevent that sort of thing. Mind you, that would require a certain amount of competence and organisation.
  6. M

The salary cap is an odd one isn't it? I have a strong suspicion that certain clubs used it as a way of getting one over on their more honest rivals. Or maybe that's just my paranoid mindset.
  7. M

I think that you probably have to consider the circumstances around the three players. In the case of mosey and Myers we had a new coach coming in who wanted to do things in a particular way. Waller was certainly an upgrade on Myers (particularly given myers' age). Mosey's jokey personality may...
  8. M

New Devils Jerseys

There's nothing wrong with a healthy debate. The important thing is to separate the opinion from the person.
  9. M

Long time fans.

I was there (almost) at the start. The second ever game was my first, but after that I saw every home game of that season. Then I was second in the queue for a season ticket when they went on sale. The following season I started going to away games (including the infamous Telford walk off), and...
  10. M

2022-2023 EIHL Predictions …

I can actually see Nottingham being one off the biggest threats this season. They seem to be putting together a very good team, but building a winning culture could be harder. Belfast look to have a job of rebuilding on, but they have done signings left to announce and I imagine they'll be big...
  11. M

I can foresee brandt introducing himself to some of the new players in the league very early on. Belfast first on the list. ;-)
  12. M

I think so. I also recall lawless and lipsey dropping the gloves at least once.
  13. M

I think you're right. I must go and check Anthony beer's book to confirm. My memory is getting a bit sketchy after all of these years.
  14. M

At the time of her sad passing I said that the club should have some way to honour people like her, OJ and a number of other people for their contributions to the club. I think that bears reiterating.
  15. M

Oh, there are exceptions. Back in the day I wouldn't have minded seeing brebant or Nicky chinn get a pasting. ;-)
  16. M

So McNally signs for Sheffield. With him and Connolly games against them are going to be eventful.
  17. M

New Devils Jerseys

I think he developed a bit of a complex about playing us. I can't ever remember tony hand scoring one on one. The only player worse at break aways was Hilton ruggles, who in every other respect was brilliant (both as a person and a player).
  18. M

Ah yes. I think Nell might have come to regret that one.
  19. M

Sheffield have announced that he won't be back. Hockey rumours gets one wrong.
  20. M

It was a holiday Inn in those days.