Search results

1. shoes_off

Could this come processional

Awesome! Do I win a prize?!? First season under the new ownership was the best ever for me. Competitive games, electric atmosphere, big hits ,fights, mixed bag of results, edge of your seat games, several teams in contention right until the end. That's why I fell in love with hockey. However...
  2. shoes_off

Could this come processional

Yes I agree and that's one of the main reasons I didnt renew my season ticket this season. I dont regret it so far and havent missed going down.
  3. shoes_off

Panthers Vs Devils - Wed 26 Sept - League

A great spectacle for tv I thought!! Very close, tense game that had everything. It was the sort of game that made me think 'if you don't like this, you don't like hockey'. I hope the season is full of close games like this this season.
  4. shoes_off

SEASON TICKETS..

Interesting. Well I'm one of the people who chose not to renew for a few different reasons. I didn't find myself sat on the edge of my seat at many games last season and found the atmosphere really flat most of the time. It's nice to win trophies but in many ways I enjoyed supporting the...
  5. shoes_off

Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Sun 28 Jan 2018 - League - Fo 5:15pm - Chat/Updates

Yes I think this plays a big part in it; maybe I'm not finding it as easy to support the favourites after so many years of urging on the underdogs and really enjoying the upset victories! Big games coming up now between the cc semi final and the Belfast double header. These games will prove the...
  6. shoes_off

Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Sun 28 Jan 2018 - League - Fo 5:15pm - Chat/Updates

Yes 'crap' is not the right word and whilst I don't agree it's a 'crap league' I do think it's a less competitive one than last season so far. You're 100% right that a lot can still change and you never know we could well hit a bad run of form again. For me though games have been less...
  7. shoes_off

I think I do. Thinking back to this time last season, the league was very tight at the top; it was between us and Sheffield and Belfast were nipping at our heels too. We had some great battles with the Steelers and rode our luck in quite a few of those games to win. That's how we ultimately won...
  8. shoes_off

Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - 10/01 @ 19:30 - CC QF - Chat/Updates

Professional performamce by the Devils, I cant fault the physicality tonight; good clean hits and everyone seemed to make a conscious effort to finish their checks. You don't need to fight, but you can still play physical hockey alongside a slick passing game. We did both tonight and I hope to...
  9. shoes_off

Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - Sun 7 Jan 2018 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

I completely agree with all the comments on the lack of physicality. It's painful to watch our guys being knocked all over the ice with no retribution at all. I don't advocate taking dumb penalties but at least finish checks and throw some hard hits! The Panthers certainly did time and time...
  10. shoes_off

Guildford Flames v Cardiff Devils - Sat 6 Jan 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Just not Devils’ style anymore, once upon a time we would have but I’d be very surprised if this happened on Wednesday. Shame though, that’s the style of hockey I fell in love with! On paper it seemed like MK would be the better of the two new teams at the start of the season but the Flames...
  11. shoes_off

Cardiff Devils v MK Lightning - Sat 30 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure how accurate it is to assess a team's performance when the game is so one sided. Yes we are on a big winning streak, but with the exception of the recent Coventry games I don't feel we've really been tested over this period. We are top of the league but is it...
  12. shoes_off

Match Night Experience

Great to have Paul back on the mic tonight! Paul just has the knack of reading the crowd without being too ott!
  13. shoes_off

DEVILS v Blaze - Tue 26 (FO 6pm - home) & Wed 27 (FO 7:30pm (away) ) Dec 2017 - League - Chat/Updat

For me this was the best league game of the season from a pure entertainment point of view. It wasn't the best team performance we've ever seen but it had a proper old fashioned Devils Blaze derby feel to it. Big hits, dirty plays, close score line, incompetent officiating, and many injustices...
  14. shoes_off

This Team

This is probably the only part of your statement I disagree with as I haven't found the team a joy to watch to be honest. Yes it's nice to be winning but I haven't found myself sat on the edge of my seat this season (CHL games aside). The atmosphere seems increasingly flat in IAW and I don't...
  15. shoes_off

Steelers release deveraux...

Be Careful what you wish for...a certain previous owner enjoyed releasing players for fun and described the team as a 'revolving door'. Morale was on the floor in the dressing room and if it wasn't for Mac the team would have fallen to pieces. Its a balance but I wouldn't want us to be like...
  16. shoes_off

Match Night Experience

I much preferred it when Paul was on the mic. Todd is just too over the top for me. I recall Paul mentioning he was going to play more Wurlitzer music this season, which for me is the way to go, although it hasn't happened yet.
  17. shoes_off

Jersey Sponsorship Process

Thanks Ook ;)
  18. shoes_off

Jersey Sponsorship Process

Hi all, I'm thinking of sponsoring a jersey this year for the first time but am a little confused by the process. Basically, I would like to sponsor a red jersey of pretty much 'any' player, however, I can only afford to sponsor one. The website says: "You can put your name in as many of the...
  19. shoes_off

Goal song change?

We used to have Blur Song 2 back in the tent, Paul tried to change it for another song used in the NHL instead (I forget which one, but it just had vocals and no beat so killed the atmosphere). Paul then switched to the current one instead; it was previously used as an 'energy builder' after a...
  20. shoes_off

2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

A tough question to answer! Primarily because we didn't see much of Bissonnette's physical side when he was over here. He was used very differently as the go to guy and it's difficult to compare him with Bordelau as the two played such different roles on the respective teams. Loved everything...