Search results

1. J

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

Didn’t Sanford win Coach’s player of the year? So he’s definitely back if he wants to come back. The rumours of Cox and Duggan leaving are the right decisions in my opinion. I think the Sanford/Cox experiment needs to end. I’m happy to keep Sanford but he needs a couple of new line mates.
  2. J

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

I’ll be more opinionated about Pete Russell next season. Whatever the club say I still think Pete didn’t have much of a say in this seasons re-signings. A lot of us found it bizarre that we re-signed Pietroniro when we already had Brandt. You clearly didn’t need both and judging by Pete’s roster...
  3. J

I appreciate the semi final only finished 5 minutes ago but we always get told off for talking about next seasons roster until the season is over. Ully has been a bit disappointing for me. I thought he would be a top 10 point scorer in the league, I predicted 55+ points. He’s underachieved with...
  4. J

I don’t think we were abysmal, we just looked toothless. We knew Belfast were going to be stingy defensively (as they were vs Coventry) but it looked like we hadn’t done our homework. Let’s be honest we were lucky to get that PP towards the end of the game that lead to Donaghey’s goal. The first...
  5. J

It felt like watching two teams slugging it out to see who gets the chance to lose 5-0 to Sheffield tomorrow
  6. J

We were the better team in OT but we deserved to lose that game.
  7. J

How on earth have we taken this to OT. I think 3-0 Belfast would have been a fairer reflection of things. Fingers crossed we go on and win it tho!
  8. J

Thoroughly deserved goal. All Belfast that period
  9. J

Devils Vs Stars - PO 1/4 Final - 13th April 24 - FO 19:00

The commentary is always one or two seconds in front. Not sure if that’s just for me?
  10. J

Devils v Panthers - League - 24th Mar 24 - FO 1600

9 powerplays to 2 after two periods?! Have the refs been harsh on us or has our discipline been that poor?
  11. J

Blaze Vs Devils - League - 6th March 24 - FO 19:30

Aren’t you from Cardiff, Wannabe? Strange thing to say.
  12. J

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 2nd March 24 - FO 19:00

I thought Pietroniro was a strange re-signing back in the summer. Don’t get me wrong there were things to like about his game last season but we didn’t need to re-sign Pietroniro and Brandt. Plus with Mosey coming back we didn’t need another utility player. It was a waste of an import signing in...
  13. J

Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

I didn’t watch it but how have we failed to win that?! 5-3 up with 7ish minutes left and then we fail to score against their 3rd choice goalie in the shootout. Christ that’s disappointing
  14. J

Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

I’m not watching but that seemed like one of the more entertaining periods this season? 5 goals, a fight, a couple of unsportsmanlike penalties which suggests the bad blood between both teams continues? And what happened to McAdam?
  15. J

Flames Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 24 - FO 18:00

Looked like Ully was trying to wind their bench up after his winning penalty shot too :)
  16. J

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 21st Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Eh?! 5 goals from 37 shots and he gets MOM? Even if none of the goals were his fault that’s a bizarre choice for MOM
  17. J

Giants Vs Devils - League - 3rd Feb 24 - FO 19:00

The calls on Busch and Crawford tonight were shocking. Embarrassing officiating
  18. J

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Off topic but some classy comments from Aaron Fox after tonight’s game vs Nottingham. https://x.com/officialeihl/status/1751370844750630916?s=46&t=s1cTZxQ18tka3MGEAJMvGA
  19. J

I thought that was an excellent shut out by Bownsy. We weren’t under siege but that was far from a straightforward shut out. He had to make some crucial saves throughout
  20. J

I thought there were a couple of soft calls on the devils in the first. Pete Russell and Mosey certainly weren’t happy and had a few words with the refs. I think we’ll be expecting a couple of PP’s in the 2nd to even things up.