Search results

1. J

Justin Crandall

What’s the general feeling about the possibility of Crandall returning? In another thread Rempel16 thinks Crandall will be back and I tend to agree, I’ve got a hunch he will return. To be honest I’ll be underwhelmed if it happens. In my opinion he did absolutely nothing last season to deserve a...
  2. J

Challenge Cup Final

Anyone looking forward to this tonight? I hope I’m wrong but I can see it being very one sided. Fingers crossed Shane Owen has another one of those nights where he’s outstanding again. I’ll go Giants 5-1 Fife
  3. J

Rory Herrman

Anyone heard any whispers about a new signing? Rory Herrman has started following us on social media and he’s got Cardiff Devils in his bio. Looks like his dad has started following us on twitter as well. He’s been playing college hockey for RPI, looks like he’s a 3rd line centre. His assistant...
  4. J

Steelers sign Danny Kristo

I see Sheffield have signed Danny Kristo. He’s Ben Blood’s cousin so he was always a player I thought might end up in Cardiff. If you look at his CV he certainly doesn’t look like a player that would go to Sheffield for peanuts. I bet he’s on very decent money. I assume the unofficial salary cap...
  5. J

Coughler/Expectations this weekend

I haven't managed to watch any of the pre-season games. Has Coughler played at all? I know he missed the first few games but did he play this weekend? How are we feeling going into next weekend? We appear to be in a slightly better place than Sheffield after this weekend but you obviously...
  6. J

Dupont interview on Devils twitter page

Just watched the 5 minute interview with Dupont on twitter. I thought it was interesting when he was talking about the size of our group of forwards (from about 1 minute 30 to 1 minute 50). I dont get the impression he’s entirely satisfied with the size of our forwards. Don’t get me wrong I’m...
  7. J

Heritage Classic - Maple Leafs v Sabres

I appreciate this is more of a general post but is anybody watching the heritage classic? Nice to hear a shout out just then to the Devils. I think the co-commentator is Mike Johnson and he said a shout out to Cardiff, Wales and mentioned his old teammate (Kelman) is running the Cardiff Devils.
  8. J

DeLuca

Crikey the wheels seem to be falling off at Sheffield. Connolly and Vallerand injured and now DeLuca fails an anti doping test!
  9. J

New Rumours

Few rumours on twitter this morning. - Oleksuk leaving Steelers and Matias Sointu coming in. - Haddad retiring Would be a bit gutting to see Sointu in Sheffield. Good signing at this level
  10. J

Kevin Raine hit

Has everyone seen the Kevin Raine hit on the weekend? What do we think of it? Very bad hit in my opinion. I appreciate these hits can be fine margins but every angle I see it looks like he catches him in the mouth. Others have said they think the initial contact is upper body. I think it’s a...
  11. J

2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Anybody got any rumours or predictions on the roster for the upcoming season? I’m being positive and assuming we get a full season. I still think Mac Carruth will be our new starting goalie. Mac and a few of his relatives have recently started following the devils on social media. I also think...
  12. J

Signings for 2021/22 season

Just wondering who we all think will return for next season? No doubt we’ve already re-signed some players so I think our current roster might look something like this Defence Mikkelson Richardson Louis Batch Forwards Haddad Myers Ben Davies Mosey Duggan Rutkis
  13. J

Devils Merchandise

Hi All, Has anyone bought a Devils T-shirt online? I’m just wondering about the size guides. Are the large t-shirts quite tight? Debating whether to get a large or an extra large. Cheers
  14. J

Reddick signs with Atlanta Gladiators

Mixed emotions for me this one. I can’t fault Reddick’s work rate and effort during his time with devils and he’s a great bloke off the ice. In my opinion though I think it’s the right move for both parties. I think we’ve all got one or two ex Devils players that we struggled to warm to on the...
  15. J

Steelers Sign a new goalie

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/226425/jeremy-brodeur Son of Martin Brodeur. Very ordinary CV. Good save percentage in the Erste Liga this season but poor stats in the ECHL.
  16. J

Panthers v Devils CC 2nd leg live on Freesports

The 2nd leg will be live on freesports this Wednesday. Great news
  17. J

Indiscipline

Early days but our discipline so far in domestic games has been shocking. Particularly in Away games. Is the officiating in the EIHL poor? Yep horrendous but we simply have to adapt sooner rather than later. We can’t sit there all season saying “they wouldn’t have given that penalty in the CHL”...
  18. J

Tom Parisi

I see Parisi has signed for South Carolina in the ECHL. Always had a feeling he would return to hockey. Will be interesting to see how he gets on