Search results

1. kettdevil1

Fife Flyers

Exactly it. The other problem is that the Kestral pipeline has dried up as junior development has taken a backseat so I suspect it will be a few years before Brit development is back where it needs to be in Fife
  2. kettdevil1

£8.50 ????

It will be on Premier Sports/Viaplay
  3. kettdevil1

Clan v Devils - League - 7th april 24 - FO 1700

He has..... but facts and medals clearly are not relevant in this argument it seems
  4. kettdevil1

What has that comment possibly got to do with this game? Baffling that Bowns gets the blame despite sitting on the bench for a win
  5. kettdevil1

Because otherwise they will miss out unless my maths are wrong?
  6. kettdevil1

And now need either Coventry or Dundee to lose...... both are winning but it's close in both games.... Tense!!
  7. kettdevil1

Rory Herman

Agree. He did seem much better early in the season in terms of concentration and positional sense. even his defensive game looked to have improved a bit so.... it did seem strange we didn't see where he stood. Big decision at the end of the year I suspect. I can't imagine he would be happy...
  8. kettdevil1

Carruth

I know I am being the Bowns cheerleader here but.... surely that is him all over. The bigger the game, the better he gets. When games are meaningless (and no matter how much we hype up these games, we are still going to be second) he tends to come in as average, when it's a key game, he is...
  9. kettdevil1

Carruth

Surely both approaches are valid? I tend to focus on 'winners' and I would argue it is impossible to argue that Bowns is not a serial winner. Ditto I don't think it is possible to argue that Carruth isn't. That is NOT to say that Mac isn't a bad netminder, quite the reverse, he is a superb one...
  10. kettdevil1

Carruth

His current saves percentage is 0.924, his best in the EIHL ever. Given how well he has played this season, I can't quite see the argument that he is half the goalie he was.
  11. kettdevil1

Rory Herman

He doesn't qualify as a Brit in the EIHL as he did not do the required number of years in junior hockey.
  12. kettdevil1

Carruth

That's 100% what I am saying. Carruth has 2 trophies in his cabinet (the playoff win with us and the WHL, 11 years ago. There is a consistent thread in his career of falling out with teammates and he hasn't lasted more than 2 years at a team since he was in college. He is not a winner, no matter...
  13. kettdevil1

Carruth

Please no. Never a fan of going back to the future and frankly there are more successful NMs out there. Bowns CV contains numerous trophies, we need someone who is also a serial winner.
  14. kettdevil1

Rory Herman

Good point, although we are assuming he holds a UK passport for this to be valid......
  15. kettdevil1

Rory Herman

The point is a good one but unless I am mistaken Rory is not qualified for GB?
  16. kettdevil1

Rory Herman

That's my approach and I came to the same conclusion. He definitely has speed and skill but I am not sure he would either fit into the team approach PR has or whether his defensive awareness is as good as some. Might well be worth a punt for other teams and delighted he has done so well for MK...
  17. kettdevil1

Play off

Absolutely, by all measures it’s been an amazingly competitive season despite Sheffield being annoyingly good. There are remarkably few dead rubbers this weekend (I think only SHE v BEL) and that’s tremendous news
  18. kettdevil1

Playoff Weekend Tickets and Block Allocations

Just bumping this up in case anyone knows the answer before I contact the box office..... Does anyone remember if they offered day tickets to the playoffs last year and if so, when did they go on sale? They aren't available at the moment and I can't get to Saturday so was wondering if they were...
  19. kettdevil1

Devils Vs Stars - League - 3rd April 24 - FO 19:30

Agree on this. I have made the point before that we are the most penalised team in the league (with Sheffield the least) and adding someone whose primary function is as a tough guy does not seem to make sense. We seemed to stand up to the physical aspect of the game well last night and as you...
  20. kettdevil1

Cardiff Devils Awards Night 2024

Fan Favourite: Brandt Most Valuable Player: Bowns Forward of the Year: Ully Defenceman of the year: Crawford Most improved: Crandall (although he showed us who he was in year 1 so only improved from last year) True Cardiff Devil: Davies