Search results

1. B

3rd August

The prior Logo was great. And from 2014-2020 our teams wore it in many champagne soaked trophy photos. When Covid stopped the league, the Devils were on top. We had consistently been winning trophies, and were in the mix on all competitions. When rebranding was discussed, I was skeptical at...
  2. B

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Pete had a clean slate with the player selection. (except for Joey Martin, Ritchie and any player contracts already in place) Todd, Franny and the owners put forward players and ideas and Pete had to figure out what mix would work for his system and style of play. Cranny is a skilled player...
  3. B

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

We appreciate the work and the efforts of our players, including those departing. We don't announce their departure, in part to allow them some negotiating strength in getting placed elsewhere. Also every team wants to win, and every informational data point our competitors receive is weighed...
  4. B

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Steve was right in saying that big Lou was a favourite of all of the owners. And Sharon's all time favourite. I had a direct conversation with Lou and expressed our appreciation and love for his stalwart presence. He made his teammates play bigger and always had their backs. He loved the...
  5. B

Fournier Released

We all liked the energy Fournier brought to the team. I believe we acted as a club in the way all of you, our valued supporters, would expect us to if they were in our spot. One issue that appears overlooked, however was the fan who purchased the Fournier jersey. I have asked Todd to look...
  6. B

Stars Vs Devils - 24 Mar 19 - League

I am travelling to Scotland this weekend, and am going to the Dundee game with my wife Sharon and some of her Scottish relatives. We will be loudly supporting the Devils!! Every game is massive. Hope to see some fellow members of the Red Army .
  7. B

Joey Martin leaving .....

Some things you just dont joke about
  8. B

Flames Vs Devils - Sat 29 Sept - CC

Sharon and I will be heading into Guildford in the afternoon. If the Red Army is having a pregame beer somewhere, let us know.
  9. B

Steelers Vs Devils - Sun 23 Sept - League

Maybe it was because they were the League Champs before us, or because we have had such epic games over the past few years, but I cannot wait to drop the puck against the Steelers. Despite their rocky start, I have no doubt they will be fired up to play us. Go Devils.
  10. B

EIHL Predictions ......

1.Devils 2.the other guys Remember when Guildford buried 8 on us early last year, an early season result can sometimes be misleading. The Panthers (as well as Belfast and others) look good this year, but we will be all they can handle when the season starts.
  11. B

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Excited that the Red Army can share in the awesome signings. I think Lordo and Todd did a helluva job putting this team together. Let's get this season started!
  12. B

2018/2019 will be best year yet

We haven't been around that long, and I am talking about the league from when we first got involved. The quality of the league has improved dramatically. To compete, you need 4 lines, and a top goalie. You can see it in the improvement in the EIHL team performance when playing in the...
  13. B

First time ever.

Welcome aboard Mike Ware's Office! I am jealous that you will be at all the games. I know Lordo will be icing another great team next year, and that our rivals will be furiously retooling their squads to match. It will be an awesome season!
  14. B

CHAMPIONS!

It is hard to overstate the tremendous work Todd Kelman and Andrew Lord have done to instil professionalism into the Devils organization. A culture of accountability and constant improvement has pushed the team to the level it is at today. Combine that with incredible work ethic and you see...
  15. B

Mayhem Monday ....

All 4 of the Calgary owners will be in Cardiff to enjoy the challenge cup weekend. We are so proud of our players for their hard work. We are also hugely grateful for our support from the fans both home and away. We strive to improve every year both on and off the ice. I see from these posts...
  16. B

Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Unrelated thoughts from a fantastic day: That video by Paul was awesome!! I am still digesting that massive comeback against the Steelers. How many epic battles have we had with that club? Lordo had our boys prepared to a level that I have never seen before. It was an unrelenting...
  17. B

IceTime TV abroad

Works great in Canada,Mexico, California, etc. Couldn't handle it if I missed a weekend of the Devils!
  18. B

New Devils Blog

Great build up for the challenge cup tomorrow. Last year's loss still stings, and I know we will be a motivated team. I love that we are playing the Steelers, as they bring out our best. We will be fast, tough and hungry.
  19. B

New Devils Blog

Great blog Aled! You are a much better writer than Zorber. Very exciting time for the Devils, as we are in trophy chasing season. Our team has all the ingredients; scoring, toughness and speed. Most importantly, as evidenced by Wednesdays win, they are a playing for each other and stepping up...
  20. B

Is this the end of Sheffield steelers supports club?

Part of what makes UK hockey so special and the bonds between team and fan so tight, are the travelling supporters clubs. Obviously Sheffield saw that theirs were no match for the Red Army and bowed out.