Search results

1. O

Devils Antibullying Videos

It's undoubtedly a small minority of fans, but the minority can sometimes shout the loudest. I think it's good that the club has highlighted the issue, and hopefully make some people think first before they criticise individual players. Everyone can have an off-night, and it's a team sport - a...
  2. O

What's the abuse of other players / officials at a match got to do with anything ? That happens up and down Britain every weekend at a number of venues. Fans won't always agree with a ref's decision - I was furious at the referee for the Halfpenny incident at the weekend, but I wouldn't go...
  3. O

Maybe some of these people weren't around for the really bad times, like the Phillips years or the Matt Burge saga. As a club we're probably in the best position we've ever been in, but we've got no God-given right to win every game. This is sport - there'll always be a few losses along the way...
  4. O

Devils Vs Blaze - 3 Nov - League

Reddick could block 10 shots and score a hat trick, and he wouldn't get much respect from certain posters on here. Another 6 minutes of penalties for Blood, but that doesn't matter, as he's a much better D man than Reddick, apparently.
  5. O

Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

I think "haters" is maybe a bit strong, but I'm with you on this. A few posters don't seem to rate him, and talk about him as worthy of only being a "spare" import. Some others think he only looked half decent last time round because he played alongside Strachan. Personally I rate his dynamism...
  6. O

Game Night Parking

The problem with Morrisons is that previously there was goodwill on their part to allow fans to park there on Sundays, as it wouldn't have much of an impact on their business, considering they close at 4. For whatever reason the relationship between them and the club appears to have soured...
  7. O

Game Night Parking

Interesting bit in the News section (on the official Devis website) about this weekend's Coventry game regarding parking. Sounds like there's going to be a crackdown this season. I can't believe some people still want to park illegally at Morrisons, or try and use the Toys R Us land. The Devils...
  8. O

Parisi

I think that might be the case for a few weeks, but the Devils have a bigger workload than most teams. We play in the toughest conference against the best teams, we've reached 4 successive Challenge finals, at least 6 CHL games to play, and we usually reach the play off finals weekend. There...
  9. O

Parisi

It might work out ok for us - we've recruited the likes of Weller and Strachan part way through a season before Can't remember anyone leaving so early before though, apart from Anderson, who I think played 1 game.
  10. O

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Terry Phillips is a journalist who's covered the Devils for as long as I can remember - since they were formed I would think. Pre Internet his articles in the South Wales Echo were pretty much my only source of info regarding the Devils. He's retired as an "official" journalist, hence his...
  11. O

Thank you Andrew

Thanks for your 4 seasons Andrew - an all time great Devil. That title clinching goal in Belfast showcased his skillset - all round ability that will be extremely difficult to match. Andrew Lord has an unenviable task in trying to replace him, but he's demonstrated his recruitment skills before...
  12. O

The-Inferno speaks to... Steve King!

Interesting to read the comments about the early season criticism, and just how deeply it cut. His comments on toughness also echo mine - the League is quickly moving away from the enforcer route. The DOPS approach is a lot more transparent than any previous system when it come to punishment...
  13. O

Devils v Steelers - Playoff Final! - FO 4pm - CHAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOONS :D

Another tremendous performance to round off another 3 trophy season Well done the whole squad.
  14. O

CHAMPIONS!

I don't find anything sarcastic about Rich's comment - there were plenty of doubters on this forum early on in the season. People in mid November were already conceding the title to Nottingham, and wanting to get rid of the likes of Reddick and Crowder. Even in the Champion's League we...
  15. O

Giants v Devils - Fri 16 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Another great performance - 3 wins from 4 in Belfast - a strong effort to lift the title away from home again (good for our Conference prospects as well). Well done everyone - players, coach, owners - hopefully the playoffs to follow this time, as well
  16. O

Bigger rink (in theory)

Russell Goodway seems to be the one who's pushing strongly for the new arena. I think he's one of the main people at the council who can actually deliver things. He seems to have recently pushed the bus station scheme forward after it stalled. If the funding's in place then I'm sure they'll want...
  17. O

Fife.

Fife have 4 games in hand, so they could close to within 5 points of us. They've got 20 games left, but only 8 against the other Scottish teams, so it's going to be a tall order to make the top 3, especially with fixture congestion likely to be an issue. Manchester look more likely to be a top 3...
  18. O

Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Well done Devils yet again. I knew a fast start with the crowd getting involved, and you could pull it off. Kudos to Andrew Lord for his coaching again. The players gave it everything, and proved some of the doubters on this forum wrong - not for the first time this season.
  19. O

Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Tremendous effort to take 3 points from over there. Well done also to those 500 odd who travelled over. Still a long way to go to defending the title - Belfast only have 3 away games left, but 2 of them against us. Bring on Wednesday - Andrew Lord wants to keep his hands on that Challenge Cup.
  20. O

Steelers V Devils - Wed 31 Jan 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 1st Leg - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Nice to have a bit of perspective for a change, instead of the usual "we were awful", "we were outmuscled", etc. That was only the 3rd defeat in 2 months - sometimes you'll lose, even if you play well, especially away to the likes of the Steelers. We were in a similar situation against the...