Search results

1. Joefish

Question - Team skating

I'm planning on attending tonight's impromptu open training session, with the team skating afterwards. Having never attended one of these skates before, does anyone know if penguins/skate aids are available for younger children? My daughter's keen to join in, but would struggle to without.
  2. Joefish

Devils Vs Brûleurs de Loups - Conti Cup - 19th Nov 23 - FO 19:15 (18:15 UK)

To be clear, the refs are also watching the stream, right? And that's why they can't see a damn thing?
  3. Joefish

Giants v Devils - Playoff Final! - Sunday 16th April @ 1700

I think it's important to do both. Our loss is down to the many issues we know this team has. Their victory is, at least in part, down to suspicious circumstances. Would the Belfast Giants of January this year won any of their three trophies?
  4. Joefish

Belfast Haven't Broken the EIHL Roster Rules......because...

Thanks for the reply - I do appreciate it. If your goal really is to get to the bottom of this and clear your team's name, might I suggest having a re-read of your posts? They really do come across as trying to sweep things under the rug. Yeah, I'm going to have to stick with Finny on this one...
  5. Joefish

Actually, genuine question Gisland - do you not want the league to address this? I'm sure you're still on a high from victory, and as you said yourself, records will show it - but fans will also remember it. And if there's one thing we know, these things only get flanderized over time. The...
  6. Joefish

The fact that no club is publicly complaining is not proof that there are no rules beings broken. If rules were broken, and clubs were unhappy about it, they still have their bottom line to consider. This is a small league, in a constantly precarious position - without the cooperation of every...
  7. Joefish

Devils Vs Flyers - League - 25th March 23 - 19:00 FO

I think the rules are clear to the contrary. If a player initiates contact with the nettie, so long as the nettie is in the crease, the goal is disallowed. But in this case, Brittain is facing the play, Owen has his body leaned out into him and I can't see many saying that was a deliberate...
  8. Joefish

Rule Clarification

In which case we won in regulation - I expect Belfast will be stripped of their OT point any second now ;) And hey, it means the GWG Keefe and Besko didn't like is meaningless. It's a win-win when you think about it!
  9. Joefish

Challenge Cup Final

Of course the crowd were into it; all but 12 of them were on the team as spare imports ;)
  10. Joefish

Challenge cup final

Not sure if you're talking about the '18 or '19 final, both on a Sunday at 4pm. A weekend, mind, the latter being on neutral ice because it was against Guildford. For the 2018 final I can't recall how we split the home/away fans, but I was present for the 2017 against Sheffield where it was...
  11. Joefish

Challenge cup final

Both Fife and Giants obviously played well and deserve the finals spots on the strength of their performances; but it's undeniable the deck was always stacked in your favour. The reigning league champion, challenge cup champion and current top of the table, plays group stages against the three...
  12. Joefish

Fournier Released

I particularly enjoyed the three year stint in which Richardson wore a Hawaiian shirt and cowboy hat. Adds a bit of colour to the kit.
  13. Joefish

Dupont named head coach

I wouldn't go so far as to say "dire" but unless you were hibernating for the winter months, I think it's fair to say our season (as a whole) was disappointing. We had moments of excellence that allowed us to compete in those competitions we did well in, and not completely lose track of the...
  14. Joefish

Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

It's in the Freesports App too, for nothing, as it was repeated there in Tuesday.
  15. Joefish

Ben O’Connor released

I think this has got some legs. If he's a mole that means he's blind, which explains an awful lot about the way he's played this season. Between you and me, I think there might be some in the officiating team too ...
  16. Joefish

DeLuca

I can't think of any athletes who have used this excuse, would love to hear about the "so many" you're familiar with. I agree with you that Athletes are responsible for whatever they imbibe. The difference is, I don't see eating a poppy-seed muffin, or taking niquil, as a reckless or...
  17. Joefish

Blaze Vs Devils - League - 28th Nov 2021

But, as the game moved on we spent more time in the Blaze's zone, had more threats on their net, played less of a "containment" game and managed to keep them at bay. Sounds like they were bang on, imo.
  18. Joefish

DeLuca

If a Steelers fan told me the sky was blue, I'd look up and check.
  19. Joefish

DeLuca

Where I work we get periodically drugs tested, and I've known people get picked up for heart medication. I daresay there's a second test in the works to confirm what the first found (it's usually the way). I'm not defending DeLuca at all, especially not if he's taken performance enhancing...
  20. Joefish

Stars Vs Devils - League - 19th Nov 21

Very glad to have Murdy back (apparently, according to Devils Twitter)