Search results

1. Hedd Wyn John

Cardiff Peninsula

A consortium has revealed plans to develop the land behind Vindico Arena & Swimming pool and turn it into 900+ homes and retail units. Given the proximity to the arena I thought it might be of interest to fans...
  2. Hedd Wyn John

Ambulance parked outside Vindico Arena

Hi all, There's an ambulance parked outside the vindico arena tonight in what looks like a reserved space. Does anyone know this has been arranged after what happened last weekend with the sad passing of Adam Johnson in the Sheffield arena?
  3. Hedd Wyn John

Spare ticket for tomorrow night 30th Sept

Hi all, Due to unexpected circumstances I have a spare ticket going in block 8 for tomorrow night's game If anyone would like it free of charge just message me. First come first served. Thanks Hedd Wyn
  4. Hedd Wyn John

Coaching staff Depart

Head Coach Brodie Dupont and Assistant Coach Christian Horn will not return for the 2023-24 season after the club and the coaches have mutually agreed to part ways. “Brodie and Christian are two of the best people I have met in hockey," said Managing DirectorTodd Kelman. "We all wish them...
  5. Hedd Wyn John

Todd Kelman podcast

Todd Kelman is on 2 Ales and Hockey Tales podcast. https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Ixi3ndfPiw7VMbnKnCd0Q?si=vx7MAGp_QPOp53IID_FHhA&utm_source=copy-link
  6. Hedd Wyn John

Ice Arena Wales - WiFi

Just noticed I can successfully use WiFi in the arena during period breaks, it's very fast and smooth. Last season I'd struggle big time. Looks like a sizeable upgrade to the WiFi has taken place. Big thanks to whoever responsible.
  7. Hedd Wyn John

Meet the players

The Cardiff Devils are doing a meet the players event at the Revolution bar on Castle Street. Tickets are on sale now. Anyone planning on going?
  8. Hedd Wyn John

New coach: who should it be?

Well coach hunting season started early this year so with nothing better to do why not tell us who you think we need to bring in to be new head coach for the Devils next season? Oh and please tell us why you've named the coach in question. I'll kick it off. Omar Pacha Reason: he's an honest...
  9. Hedd Wyn John

Belfast v Sheffield

For those that might be interested Belfast are currently 3 goals up against Sheffield after the first period.
  10. Hedd Wyn John

Food at the rink: your thoughts?

Cheese & chips = good Gravy & chips = good The burgers are pretty mediocre IMO, a step down on Grazing shed for sure. I gave up on hot dogs a long while back. (Maybe they've changed since) and the nachos are OK. I have not tried the pizza at the rink. What are your thoughts guys?
  11. Hedd Wyn John

Blaze enter covid protocols

Blaze enter protocol, Friday game vs Belfast has been postponed. I'm not keeping track but it seems that most eihl teams are in covid protocols right nkw
  12. Hedd Wyn John

Breaking News: Devils sign new player

Just seen this online Dupont out injured for the foreseeable. What are your thoughts everyone?
  13. Hedd Wyn John

Steelers enter covid protocols

Very little information in that site but rumours have been doing the rounds that some players were unwell yesterday but the team as a whole did not enter covid protocols at that time.
  14. Hedd Wyn John

Ben O’Connor released

Breaking news
  15. Hedd Wyn John

EIHL Covid protocols kick in

This Wednesdays Panthers v Storm game has been cancelled due to covid protocols. See below
  16. Hedd Wyn John

Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

Stereophonic have cancelled their December gig in Cardiff. It looks like they've been given the nod about tougher restrictions by Welsh Govt. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/stereophonics-principality-stadium-tom-jones-22396968?s=09 Nothing has been officially...
  17. Hedd Wyn John

ST holders £5 discount on merch

Check your emails ST holders, there's a £5 discount for online purchases upto 24th Dec from the Devils shop.
  18. Hedd Wyn John

Valdix moves on

19. Hedd Wyn John

Clan away game Nov 20th postponed

News just in: