Search results

1. Imp

Thoughts are with Adam Johnson, Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers

In the moment, maybe not. I'm not really against it but I do think it's a bit knee-jerk: "Rename the trophy", "Every team should retire the his number". It is the right sentiment. I'm not convinced that it is the right thing to do. A few months, perhaps a year - optimistically, a couple of...
  2. Imp

Most controversial game winning goal overturn

Petra Nieminen's disallowed OT goal in 2019 IIHF Women's Ice Hockey Final FIN-USA
  3. Imp

Elite Series

It (fairly predictably) fell over for the Steelers/Panthers game, on Day 1, on a Saturday evening, ... Aside from being a bit surprised by the number that seem to have decided to sign up in the final 30 seconds before broadcast, it probably gives them all of the data that they need to ensure...
  4. Imp

Elite Series

The streaming series is for the 24 round-robin games only. At a guess they are still hoping for Free/Premier Sports coverage of the 6-7 Semi and Final games. £150 is more than an annual subscription for Premier Sports, so a decent take-up for the streaming series might influence their coverage...
  5. Imp

Slap Shot Smack Talk (Podcast)

SLAP SHOT SMACK TALK New (mostly) NHL podcast by Erik Janssen. https://youtube.com/channel/UC1mqKCK1DALZ4XmiTpIg1ww Also on other platforms: Apple, Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, ... ...
  6. Imp

NIHL Streaming Series: MK/Sheffield/Swindon

3 teams: Milton Keynes Lightning, Sheffield Steeldogs and Swindon Wildcats No fans in-person attendance. Games will all be streamed. Tickets will be priced at £12. Fixture dates: 14 Nov – Swindon vs MK (18:15) 15 Nov – Sheffield vs Swindon (17:30) 21 Nov – MK vs Swindon (19:00) 22 Nov – Swindon...
  7. Imp

Murrayfield rink petition.

“Stop Murrayfield Ice rink from closing it’s doors for good.” I’m not a huge fan of online petitions but I’m still in touch with a few Caps fans from past Play Off Final Weekends and it's so hard to replace these facilities once they are lost. It’s pretty much the only reason I’d have for going...
  8. Imp

New ice hockey magazine

Seems worth a shot. Approaching it as ‘a programme for the off season‘ (or ‘no season’). Can’t imagine he expects to get rich off the back of this and my hockey budget is largely unused at the moment, so why not. Full marks for the attempt.
  9. Imp

Bownsy at Graz

“Sadly we have to announce that Ben Bowns will be out of action for a a few months after a collision during the game last night. We wish him all the best and support him in his recovery.”
  10. Imp

Viola arena no more? (IAW is back)

Which is a shame, because sponsorship would be worth far more to the club if fans took a bit more of an interest in it. Curious little marketing exercise at any sporting event, see how many taxis at the venue match the advert on the shirts of the home fans. Sports sponsorship, like a lot of...
  11. Imp

IIHF Worlds 2020 ... Cancelled

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm/news/18344/2020-iihf-ice-hockey-world-championship-cancelled
  12. Imp

Ticket Refunds

Anyone else checked their card statements over the last day or two? It looks like I have received refunds for some of the March tickets. Unannounced, unrequested, some from the Devils and probably Steelers too by the looks of it.
  13. Imp

Season Cancelled

At the very least, I'll wait to see the details. If I had access to the luxury of a season ticket, I may feel differently.
  14. Imp

Season Cancelled

Probably better to think of it as "we paid for a weekend of hockey", we'll get a rescheduled and quite different weekend of hockey. POFW20 Is dead. Long live EOWH20! EIHL Opening Weekend of Hockey 2020
  15. Imp

Benti retires

16. Imp

Email with regards to tickets bought.

Short term ... it delays the problem. There’s a reasonable chance the majority of fans will just accept the offer as it stands and they have 2+ months to get up to speed with the logistics of rebooking tickets. If they explicitly offer a refund, they’re immediately faced with a deluge of...
  17. Imp

Email with regards to tickets bought.

If I didn't know that they're snowed under I'd be cheeky and ask for guaranteed Cup Final tickets by way of exchange. :D
  18. Imp

Season Cancelled

Just had an email from Premier Inn saying they'll be offering people the chance to rebook or cancel. Doesn't directly relate to POFW but hopefully similar mails will be reaching hockey fans (and from other chains).