Search results

1. Mooney#16

Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

This is in reality is an absolute blessing as let’s be honest it would just be the last kick in Panthers teeth if Steelers could have taken it on their ice on Saturday. They wouldn’t have deserved that to be another headline in a horrific season. At least now Steelers can do it at home vs the...
  2. Mooney#16

Challenge Cup final tonight 7-30

At least Devils get to play in the CHL again when they turn it down.
  3. Mooney#16

Josh Waller

Already had 6 Brits so Duggan just plays every night now. Harewood is still on a 2 way so could call up if crisis hits. Whilst rubbish to see Waller go down and a lose of a good player it’s not a catastrophe numbers wise.
  4. Mooney#16

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

Given the last release about King was that he was ill then any speculation would feel like bad taste until something different was released. Wish the guy well with whatever his current situation is.
  5. Mooney#16

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

I think it’s a harsh narrative to say doesn’t like. They have too many players so someone has to sit. That’s just Russell doing his job. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like Chad but he has to put out what he believes is the strongest roster. I interpret it as professional decisions over personal and a...
  6. Mooney#16

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Very good performance by the Devils last night. Period 2 they absolutely put Flames to the sword and dominated them in every aspect. Take a bow Bownsy and Josh Batch. Playing some of their best hockey. Particularly happy for Batchy as he is playing so confident and his decision making has...
  7. Mooney#16

Klopp leaving

Heard he is taking over from Keefe in Belfast. Petr Cech going as assistant.
  8. Mooney#16

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Barrow is starting to really impress me. He does so many small details right. His fore checking and back checking are very good. He angles players well, gets his stick onto the puck on the forecheck and is playing a physically disruptive game and opening ice for Ully and Arneil. He has things to...
  9. Mooney#16

If you criticised the team mid game then you look like a bit of an opinionated tit in this particular instance. Isn’t it just that simple. Not sure there’s a debate to be had. Those who did it just need to wear the hat until the next game.
  10. Mooney#16

That’s a hell of a weekend for Bode Wilde. Been waiting to see a player have the self confidence to put the team on his back. That penalty shot performance was next level skill set and I hope he can really start building around that. Scoring a penalty shot on a deke, backhand and forehand is...
  11. Mooney#16

GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Well that escalated quick! Be moobs and spaniels ears everywhere before you know it. Let’s be honest we’re not the most rocket laden of fan bases.
  12. Mooney#16

GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Congratulations to all involved in what was a great weekend of hockey and thank you for facilitating an experience that will be long remembered. As much as Todd is thanking everyone I do think that he too deserves a thank you for having the foresight and ambition to take up the slot when...
  13. Mooney#16

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

All that from a tenner. Legend.
  14. Mooney#16

In fairness they put videos out on social media etc. I’ve said elsewhere I don’t think discontent needs to run rampant into all areas of the club. Many things have improved this season and no doubting that the owners and TK have given the budget and resource to compete. I’ve called a couple...
  15. Mooney#16

Granted I’m angry but you’ve missed Barrow and Crawford from your lists. I’ll quite gladly take at this stage Waller - New - New Ully - Arneil - Barrow Mosey - Martin - Brandt Duggan - Davies Crawford - Ritchie Wilde - New Batch - Donaghy You’ve earned Chad a reprieve and he can go on the IR...
  16. Mooney#16

That was the final straw for me with a number of players last night. They simply couldn’t even skate at a level to get close enough to put any sort of meaningful pressure on the puck and puck carrier. Three times in the first period alone they gained the zone and cut right across the middle...
  17. Mooney#16

I’m afraid I’ve been reduced to this point but the following need their contracts terminating and replacing in the next few weeks as there is simply nothing to lose by doing it. Cox, Sanford, Busch, Alderson, Crandall, Rhymsha and Pietroniro. Wilde needs to work out how to play physical hockey...
  18. Mooney#16

Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 23 - FO 16:00

It’s a narrow lens to suit a narrative. It’s their opinion but I don’t agree with it either. Where do you include Waller in the Riley / Chad debate as he plays up the lines as a consequence. People will complement Waller’s performance when he plays well for GB but that will be because he has...
  19. Mooney#16

Now I don’t mean to piss on anyone’s chips but Joey has 5 points on 14 games this year. Whilst good news it’s not a huge game changer. The three players who need to be big tonight is Barrow, Busch and Alderson. They have to get into the net front and establish an effective screen. Sheffield...