Search results

1. M

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the terms of his two way that he could only play when Bristol weren't playing? That would have meant he could only have come in for occasionally games, thus disrupting the team. From what I saw if him, he was ok, but not ready to take someone else's...
  2. M

Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

Fine. We know the standard to aim for then. No excuses for poor recruitment.
  3. M

From what little I've seen of hardwood he's looked pretty much ready. His size means he could just be parked in from the the net a la Ian cooper. It's much easier to integrate young forwards rather than defence as mistakes don't tend to be as expensive.
  4. M

Bit of a difference between a 2nd placed teams and a 10th placed team, don't you think? From what I saw of him he seemed ok, but not the finished product.
  5. M

Has he shown any interest in coaching or done any of the certifications? Not every player is cut out to coach after playing, no matter how good, or highly respected, they are. He seems just too mild mannered for coaching.
  6. M

About bloody time. Fingers crossed that it means less games and the final before Xmas.
  7. M

I was being a bit facaetious given how useless he was for us, Sheffield didn't seem to think highly of him and he seemed to struggle outside the UK. Of course Dixon begging a mate of his dad probably doesn't hurt.
  8. M

O'Connor on talks with Guildford. Presumably because no one else wanted him.
  9. M

That'd be the wares then, I guess.
  10. M

Brandt must get an A.
  11. M

I tend to agree. I can't say he's contributed anything, and why he was made an alternate captain is beyond me. It epitomised all the problems with our leadership group.
  12. M

But when has he ever had a player who uses their size on a line to generate opportunities for him?
  13. M

With mosey and carruth, the clan would have the makings of a hard to beat team.
  14. M

It could be argued, as with defence, that the issue is around line mates. Certainly Sanford use much better defensively, but he needs someone to go to the net for him.
  15. M

Just to clarify that's joey re-signs. That hyphen makes a big difference. ;-) Duggan rumoured to be off too.
  16. M

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

I'd say there's certainly been an improvement organisationally under PR. It's a question of having the players who can execute effectively.
  17. M

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

I'm not sure having spares is a luxury any more than having a decent backup goalie, or a non playing coach. I don't know the numbers, but it has seemed to be that more often than not this season we had scratches due to injury. It would be fascinating to have some data on games lost through...
  18. M

THE FINAL

While I agree with you about the merits of the different competitions (I have my thoughts about that, which I'll write up at some point), I consider the euro competitions massively important. Yes, I'd prefer we'd be in the chl, the continental cup gives us a massive opportunity - if only we...
  19. M

THE FINAL

Are you seriously suggesting that's the difference between us and the Steelers. Just as well we cleverly got ourselves knocked out of the challenge cup to keep the fixture list down a bit then, eh? Alternatively we could look closer to home as to why we couldn't keep up. Maybe our pp and top...
  20. M

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

My understanding is that if Belfast win they get it. If Steelers win, we get it.