Search results

1. P

Nott Simpson... Thanks!

Just curious...why is there no audio play by play of Devils games? On this side of the pond it's pay (one way or another) for live video, but audio is free. Is it the old "if we give free audio, it will cost us PPV video customers"?
  2. P

Devils v Steelers - Playoff Final! - FO 4pm - CHAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOONS :D

Just writing to wish the Devils the best for tomorrow (today your time). I predict a 5-3 victory. I spotted a fellow in a Devils jersey at the Victoria Royals (WHL) playoff game tonight and asked him why he wasn't in Nottingham. He shook his head and said "I know" while his (I believe Canadian)...
  3. P

Ladies night !

Sorry, but I couldn't resist... Jim Ahern: I look like some **** ******! Johnny Upton: I'm gonna flash them, Joe! Joe McGrath: Aw jeez, son... Johnny Upton: Yes I am! I'm gonna walk down that stinkin' aisle, and open this ****** bathrobe and wiggle my **** at 'em! Joe McGrath: You WILL not...
  4. P

Devils v Blaze - 25/02 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

From the letters section of football magazine When Saturday Comes Dear WSC: Further to recent Rod Stewart-related correspondence, it seems reasonable to suppose that the great man might, like many a football-loving father before him, have dreamt of his son one day playing for his country...
  5. P

Ice Arena Wales

If many arenas over here (N America) are any indication, you'll lose your ability to leave/re-enter for any reason (smoking, medication, wi-fi etc) in the near future.
  6. P

Best ever game in the WNIR

My first time at the rink, as a temporarily transplanted Canadian...a 12-1 league win over Fife Flyers on Nov 7/92. Couldn't believe how great the atmosphere was compared to "back home". Don't think I missed a game for the rest of the season. Lopsided scorelines were pretty common then :)
  7. P

Corey McEwen

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94893
  8. P

Devils Sign New D-Man -> Gleason Fournier

http://www.adn.com/article/20160102/ace ... ah-win-3-2 The Aces played the game without defenseman Gleason Fournier, who is no longer with the team. Murray said Fournier is headed to England to play for the Cardiff Devils of the Elite Ice Hockey League in the United Kingdom. He played his final...
  9. P

Devils Fans in N America

Had the distinct pleasure of meeting two Devils fans (wearing the colours) at a WHL Victoria Royals pre-season game this past Sunday. Ex-Cardiff, they're now in Bedfordshire someplace...I got the Devils bug during the Lawless/Cadieux/Hope/Heavey/Ruggles/McEwan era. Anybody travelling in Western...
  10. P

Buying Ice Hockey Gear from abroad.....

I'm sensing a plan to help subsidise my next UK holiday :)
  11. P

Giants v Devils - 04/04 - 4:00pm - Playoff Final!

You sound like a lovely man, but this pedantic Canadian gets driven crazy by the uniquely British habit of spelling the name Gretzky with an s. And it's done all over the place. I'm surprised the Devils got the name right on the bar itself. I'm all for recognise, scrutinise and so on, but...
  12. P

What a great match...first time I've been able to watch one live. Shame to "lose" in a shootout, but no losers here. Hope some newbies were watching, this would result in some new fans for the sport. Certainly enjoyed watching ex-Victoria Salmon King (and Nanaimo Clipper) Ryan Finnerty...we...
  13. P

I'm getting the webcast just fine from Canada! Thanks for the link! Phil, Victoria, BC