Search results

1. O

Congrats Belfast

Irrespective of cries of how many imports, breaking wage barriers etc etc, congrats to Belfast for winning the league title. They proved once again the best in the EIHL, and having said that, they really didn’t have to be that good to beat very mediocre other teams in the league this year. As...
  2. O

Sports Village Plans ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/plans-transform-cardiff-bay-1000-17034304 Well I suppose we all knew deep down that the Cardiff “ Sports Village” would never be more than what we have at the moment eh ?
  3. O

Olympics

Looks like the NHL decision not to allow any of their players to a play in the Olympic men’s hockey has well and truly backfired on them and won’t be popular in either USA or Canada. Canada were beaten by Germany 4 - 3 they could well have done with a couple of Devils players to help them out (...
  4. O

Ticket for Belfast Game for sale

I have a spare concession ticket for Saturday's game, anyone interested ?
  5. O

Dublin Ice Rink ?

Planning application has been submitted for a new Olympic size rink in Dublin. Arena to hold 2500 spectators, would be good to see a team from the Republic in the EIHL.
  6. O

Cardiff - European Capital of Sport 2014

Yep, Cardiff announced as the European Capital of Sport 2014, and it won the award despite not having a long awaited - and much delayed - new ice arena !!! No mention of ice hockey in the write up, but fair play Australian Rules football got a mention :DWD
  7. O

Coach's Corner 25/09

Just watched G's interview wherein he answers various questions put to him. Good to hear him say morale is high, despite our very poor start to the season, also good to hear expectations are high. Unbelievable to hear him say he thinks the players are doing the right things on the power play...
  8. O

Anthony Beer

My very best wishes to 'Father' Anthony Beer for his future in the Vale of Glamorgan area. Anthony was the author of the fantastic book 'it's funny when you win everything' The story of the Cardiff Devils. I don't suppose a 'Devils chant' would be appropriate during one of his future Sunday...
  9. O

Possible new local rivals

It's been announced that a new £20 million ice complex is being proposed at Weston Super Mare! 10000 seat ice hockey arena etc etc. It'll probably be built before our new complex ;)
  10. O

GB results

3 losses so far, high hopes going in to this competition, but it seems we may well face a relegation battle instead !
  11. O

Jesse Gimblett

With so much focus on Deeds leaving, I thought it only fair to make a mention about our latest signing Jesse Gimblett. In view of how quickly he will be arriving, it is obvious that G had this sorted out for some time. Just hope that Biz returns and we can then look to go on a good run of...
  12. O

Help

I am unable to send pm's even though I am carrying out the correct procedure. A recipent not defined message comes back, even though the persons name is cleary indicated and a subject shown, any ideas pls.
  13. O

Steelers team talk

This is a transcript of a pre match team talk in the Sheffield Steelers dressing room prior to last nights game !!! "0k guys, this is one of the biggest games of the season, so listen to what I have to say. We have to win by any means necessary. The crowd will be on our backs throughout the...
  14. O

RIP Gary Speed

A huge shock to learn of the death of Gary Speed earlier today. A man who was hugely respected in the game and a great servant to Wales as a player and most recently as manager who seemed to be bringing our national team back to higher world rankings. Absolutely stunned at this news, huge...
  15. O

Devils stuff to give away !

Just been clearing out a room and found some Devils and general hockey stuff that might interest someone. Programmes as follows ;- Devils 10th Anniversary souvenir programme 30/11/96 v Ayr Scottish Eagles Shannon Hope Testimonial 25/11/97 Devils v Malmo IF Redhawks Challenge Match 28/8/99...
  16. O

Lawless Returns !!

Ice hockey: John Lawless in return to Cardiff Devils by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo, May 26 2011 JOHN Lawless, the man who launched Cardiff Devils ice hockey 25 years ago, will be back in South Wales during August. Canadian Lawless has agreed to be head coach to a team of Devils all-time...
  17. O

Phil Hill Re signs for devils

Reported in today's Echo that Phil Hill has signed a new contract for next season. This is a much needed signing in order to strengthen our Brit contingent and good news for the fans. I feel we now need to ensure a decent D Brit - it will probably be Symonds - and another quality Brit forward...
  18. O

Alex Symonds

Did Symonds get any ice time at Sheffield last night. Also, for those who have the stats available, how much ice time/shifts has he had in the past 4/5 games ? Is he carrying an injury or just being benched at this time ?
  19. O

Programmes

Having a clear out and came across some old programmes for any interested collectors. Including Devils 10th Anniversary Nov 1996 Anneheim Ducks v LA Kings at the O2 (2007) NY Rangers 2007 Shannon Hope testimonial Devils v Malmo Redhawks (1999) plus a couple from 2005/06 Also if anyone wants...
  20. O

Main Cardiff Devils Website

Any idea who is responsible for putting together our CD website? There is definately room for improvement in my opinion. We have not been told about Wednesday's away fixture against Blaze, there is nothing as yet showing last night's function etc. Quite honestly, the Inferno is a much better...