Search results

1. Slartibartfast

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 2nd March 24 - FO 19:00

I agree. Last year was the first year in 34 years of watching the Devils that I didn't enjoy it. This year is so much better. Although this team is not perfect their passing is a pleasure to watch and one of the best in the league. I hope to see many players return next year but particularly...
  2. Slartibartfast

Rymsha had a good game but Arniel is becoming the new Layne Ulmer. He scores so many important goals when we are in trouble.
  3. Slartibartfast

Bit back and for in the first with our forwards having some difficulty burying the puck but our D men stepped up for 2 decent goals which has taken the wind out of panthers sails.
  4. Slartibartfast

Flames Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 24 - FO 18:00

It does seem to be true. I watched the video back and Ferguson goes onto his knees and then there is a second movement where he cross checks Bowns to the back of the neck. Pity I can't attach a video file as I have a snapshot of it
  5. Slartibartfast

Flames Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 24 - FO 18:00

Certainly not the classic that yesterday was but we got the W.
  6. Slartibartfast

Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Great team performance but Bownsy and the defensive work by our forwards was outstanding tonight. Most enjoyable game in a while and shows we still have a chance of a trophy.
  7. Slartibartfast

Flyers Vs Devils - League - 17th Feb 24 - FO 19:15

Have to feel sorry for Fife. They have some good players (particularly Lajeunesse), a solid netminder and work hard but they just have not got the depth to play well for 60 minutes.
  8. Slartibartfast

Flyers Vs Devils - League - 17th Feb 24 - FO 19:15

Wow this is one of the sloppiest defensive performances I have seen. Crawford and Wilde have given away the puck so many times.
  9. Slartibartfast

Devils vs Blaze - League - 9th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Yes the game was great but parking is a major problem. It happened again at the GB game tonight. Rink car park full, Toys R Us full and I had an argument with the the pool mafia who would not let me in despite loads of spaces. Instead they were directing all hockey fans to an already full car...
  10. Slartibartfast

The inferno moaned - The Devils fixed it

When I look back at some of the things we have moaned about over the season its interesting to look at some of the stats now as we approach the latter part of the season. Early in the season, some complained that Sanford had lost his scoring touch and I questioned using him on the PK. Sanford...
  11. Slartibartfast

Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th Feb 24 - FO 16:00

2 solid performances. The 5 minute penalty hurt us but great character to come back. Thought we looked the better team in both games.
  12. Slartibartfast

Giants Vs Devils - League - 3rd Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Wow. What a performance. Dominant for most of the first 2 periods and a great defensive third period. Despite 3 penalties that even the Belfast commentators agreed were soft we still came out on top. Incidentally Simon Kitchen has matured greatly as a commentator. He has taken the feedback on...
  13. Slartibartfast

Belfast have stepped it up but some smart defensive plays are keeping them at bay. 2-5 end of second
  14. Slartibartfast

Great first period. Clinical passing and 2 great goals
  15. Slartibartfast

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

Wow that was squeaky bum time at the end but a good comeback
  16. Slartibartfast

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

The second goal Wilde took a puck in the face from Sanford. He skated off holding his face opening up a gap for Lajeunesse to break away and score. Hockey gods not smiling on us again tonight. We can still win this though.
  17. Slartibartfast

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

I always thought it would be crazy to split Cox and Sanfords partnership but they have struggled a bit this year against some of the big D. Putting Alderson with Sanford creates some space for him to do his magic. All 4 lines looked good. Lets hope they settle now.
  18. Slartibartfast

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Totally agree. This is what we have been waiting for all season. Great physicality, great PP and PK, great defence and goal tending and a couple of scraps. What more can you ask for?
  19. Slartibartfast

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Wow that was stressful but well done Bode Wilde and Wall.