Search results

1. Slartibartfast

The inferno moaned - The Devils fixed it

When I look back at some of the things we have moaned about over the season its interesting to look at some of the stats now as we approach the latter part of the season. Early in the season, some complained that Sanford had lost his scoring touch and I questioned using him on the PK. Sanford...
  2. Slartibartfast

Which new player are you looking forward to seeing play

Hopefully logo gate is dying down so its time to start looking forward to the season. Which new player are you most looking forward to seeing play.? While Jamie Arniel is a top contender with 50 points in the AHL (though some time ago) and decent stats in DEL2, for me the guy I can't wait to see...
  3. Slartibartfast

Reasons to be cheerful 2023

While this has been a season that I have felt and posted much more negative than previous ones, Im actually going into the new year feeling a lot more positive about this team. Why? In the league we are 10 wins and 1 loss in our last 11 games. We have done that despite a lot of injuries We are...
  4. Slartibartfast

Who's hot- Who's not - What the stats say

I see lots of criticism directed at certain players so I thought I would see what the stats say. Of course stats don't tell the full story but these are the combined stats for league and CC. The first line look like they deserve to be there. Whats worrying is that Sanford and Coughler have...
  5. Slartibartfast

Manchester Sunday

Is this a season ticket game?
  6. Slartibartfast

Jake Coughler

As the season comes to an end I just wanted to say something about Jake Coughler. There are players who can score (Reid), players who are physical (Dixon) , players who are fast (Waller), players who are skilful (Sandford) and playmakers (Crandall) but rarely do you see all of these traits in...
  7. Slartibartfast

Most controversial game winning goal overturn

If you think the overturned goal in Belfast was controversial, take a look at this.
  8. Slartibartfast

The Great Drakeford - Omicron - Crowd restriction debate

I noticed a number of threads on the Devils forum going off topic because people understandably want to express their opinions on Drakefords Omicron restrictions which have killed our hockey nights for the moment. So whether you are pro or anti restrictions, love or hate Mark Drakeford feel free...
  9. Slartibartfast

Spare ticket for Coventry game

I have a spare ticket for tonights Coventry game. Its a season ticket so you will have to meet me outside and pay cash. £10 If you are interested PM me. Please don't contact me unless you definitely want it and can meet me outside at 6.30.
  10. Slartibartfast

Devils @ Guilford

Is anyone going who can post updates?
  11. Slartibartfast

New players - who will be the stand outs

Who do you think will be the standing signings? Who are you most looking forward to seeing.? For me Brendan Mikkelson with his NHL pedigree is an obvious stand out but the awards won by Matt Register albeit in a lower league still make him look interesting and he racked up a lot of points in...
  12. Slartibartfast

Confirmed. Bownsy to Graz

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/ben-bowns-departs-cardiff-austria/ Really pleased for him. He so deserves this. Alles Gute Ben
  13. Slartibartfast

Strange Devils gift vouchers mail

Has anyone else received an email from noreply@futureticketing.ie saying that you have purchased Cardiff Devils gift vouchers?
  14. Slartibartfast

Benti retires

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/sean-bentivoglio-announces-his-retirement/?fbclid=IwAR3GocFIzi6hWd8F0U7RIbQYa1Q3kOycLrlk9-7qSQ1J19iA5Iov9_7H6VM Interesting that it says he had injuries and illness this season. I thought something wasn't right. He was a very different player this season. As I...
  15. Slartibartfast

Tickets available for Dec 28th v Guildford

I have one adult and two childrens tickets available in block 2 for the Guilford game on Dec 28th. Selling at face value. Priority will be given for anyone who can take all three. PM if interested.
  16. Slartibartfast

Joey Haddad

Joey Haddad has just reached 14 goals, the same number he scored in all of last season. Only Brendan Connolly has scored more goals than him and he has played in 5 more games. What a season he is having. Well done Joey.
  17. Slartibartfast

Andrew Lord Interview

Cracking interview. Honest as ever and John asked some great questions that have been asked on this forum but put in a much more diplomatic and respectful way. I thought Lord answered them well.
  18. Slartibartfast

Flyers v Devils

Do Fife have a webcast?. I can't see a link on their site.
  19. Slartibartfast

New ticketing system?

I bought my tickets online for the first game. I paid for it and it said payment successful but then didn't give me the option to print the tickets. The mail went into my junk folder which suggests it a new system. It panicked me for a minute until I found it and was able to print the tickets...
  20. Slartibartfast

Nottingham release Shalla

Wow. This is a shock. He was the stand out player in the CHL games. Seems to have struggled in the league though. http://eliteleague.co.uk/view/eliteicehockey/latest-news/news_497525