Search results

1. I

New Devils coach found!

Said in private to me by friends who have played for him. Said to me in private by coaches that have both worked with him and against him. As for the dog with a bone; it started off by me saying it could be Thommo with the juice clue. People have posted opinions and I have counter-posted. That...
  2. I

New Devils coach found!

An EIHL title, a Playoff Title, plus a runner-up since 2010 would suggest otherwise. Take out the two seasons he was abroad, plus his last couple of years at Coventry where it was clear his budget was way off Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast and aside from Lord, his record in that period is...
  3. I

New Devils coach found!

If you saw his smile, I hope you asked why he was not wearing a mask ;-)
  4. I

New Devils coach found!

With the Devils it would be more like the Blaze days. Players would be settled and not getting gassed every few weeks. As for Neal Martin running the team. That is incorrect. He ran the team no more than Hotham or Fournier did. Your key players will always be the ones making decisions on the...
  5. I

New Devils coach found!

A handful of people of vocal people on here does not account for a majority. Most would not care aslong as the team won. It is probably not him anyway as Steve King as already suggested. His team did finish 7th yes. That does not takeaway the fact he is the most succesful coach in the EIHL...
  6. I

New Devils coach found!

It probably will not happen. But, if he was coach, based on all his previous, the Devils would be contending for everything. Whoever the new guy is has a tough ask though. Fans expectations will be high after being so spoilt with silverware in the last few years!
  7. I

New Devils coach found!

Ahhhh...so a personal opinion of him being a "first class prat" as opposed to an opinion on a professional level concerning trophies/accolades/playing style.
  8. I

New Devils coach found!

Look at it whichever way you want. The players the Devils have signed from Sheffield (or other clubs) were not re-signed by them. As for bettering themselves, did both Adams and Finnerty go back to Sheffield? The point is, all players/coaches are going to take the job that best suits them at the...
  9. I

New Devils coach found!

Devils have signed plenty of guys from Sheffield. I would not call Adams/Finnerty etc Steelers rejects.
  10. I

New Devils coach found!

I would be surprised too but stranger things have happened. Fans would not stay away if it was Thommo. There may be a few but those fans would be replaced quickly if the team continued to win. It would need to be an impressive CV to be better than Thommo's.
  11. I

New Devils coach found!

I think it could be Thommo. The juice relates to orange (Steelers). If he applied, there would be few with better CVs. He has a history of staying for longer periods at a club. Plenty of players in the past have been "hated" on other teams, yet become fan favourites when they sign. All he would...
  12. I

Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

Bowns is not the issue. His workload is. I have said it before that his icetime over the last 5 years dwarfs any other netminder in the UK. He has played upto the playoff final most years, then has GB and over the last few years, his pre-season is early due to the CHL (which is more games and...
  13. I

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

There seems to be lots of negative posts about the Devils roster simply based on signings other teams have made. Lots of teams signing "star" players. The Devils already have these type of players; Linglet, Martin, Fournier, Dixon. If the Devils were going to be in the market for a St Pierre...
  14. I

EIHL in 5 years

The problem facing the league is, on paper, the top 4 getting stronger year-on-year. This is bad for business in my opinion. It creates two possible problems. The first is the rest of the league try to keep up and end up overspending going bust. The second is that the rest of the league spend...
  15. I

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

AHL minimum salary is 47500 USD. They have a huge schedule with terrible travel. EIHL can offer decent salaries with a far easier schedule, easier schedule, lower standard. Some can offer University. For a guy not going to make the NHL, the EIHL is an easy option. Culture/language is near enough...
  16. I

Rutkiss ...

I know there are "ifs buts and maybes", my point is, the whole team can be British. There is not a restriction of trade for British players.
  17. I

Rutkiss ...

Correct. A roster can be made totally out of older Brits, plus three under 23s. Certainly not a restriction of trade. There are other factors that prevent that; mainly budget and type/quality of player.
  18. I

Rutkiss ...

The amount of over-23 year old British players is only restricted after 19 roster places have been taken. A team can make up their entire roster with thirty year old Brits if they so wish. I would hardly call it restricting their trade.
  19. I

Lack of atmosphere

There are a few things at play here. Firstly, as mentioned, the Devils have far more puck time than most teams which means less need for physical players, and less time to be physical. Lord's season objectives are to win trophies, not to entertain. When comparing the IAW to the BBT/WNIR people...
  20. I

Favourite player.

Moria for me. Started watcing in 87. Started with the Juniors the next season and he was one of our coaches. Fantastic player and more than held his own in Superleague which was a huge step up from Heineken days. Class act.