Search results

1. rocketbob

Lordo's Visit

In case there is anyone that hasn't heard the news, Andrew Lord will be coming back to Cardiff for Josh Batch's testimonial event! Hopefully it will be a sell out after this news as we will get to give Andrew the send off that he never got (sorry Josh). Just glad that I bought my ticket before...
  2. rocketbob

Fixtures coming out on Friday

I am looking forward to the fixtures being released at 10am on Friday (as announced on Elite League Twitter account). Looking forward to getting the Belfast double header booked as the highlight of the regular season.
  3. rocketbob

Clan in the league but out of the challenge cup.

News all over Twitter that Glasgow Clan will be joining the league in November this year after declining the opportunity to take part in the challenge cup.
  4. rocketbob

Devils in Australia

Devils comeback down under. A not entirely unrelated but very positive story for these difficult times.
  5. rocketbob

Glasgow Clan statement and support

For those that may not be aware (especially non-tweeters), there are a moves by the Glasgow Clan to secure their future by trying to become the operator of their facility against the possibility of other operators coming in and running it as an ice-free arena following a change of...
  6. rocketbob

Now that's a cupcake

This is what a cupcake should look like. Sorry if this is a spoiler.
  7. rocketbob

Possibly some good news.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer/pfizer-and-biontech-say-their-covid-19-vaccine-is-over-90-effective-idUKKBN27P1DE If this vaccine is 90% effective as suggested then there may be a bit of light in this dark tunnel.
  8. rocketbob

New Jerseys

Loving the new jerseys. They have definitely listened as we have both a green jersey and a Christmas jersey. I have to say that I like all of them. I need to g and speak to my bank manager. Devils Jerseys
  9. rocketbob

Devils most pressing recruitment problem - answers inside

As has been mentioned in a number of places on social media including in a recent IceTime.tv discussion. Our most pressing issue as far as recruiting for the next season is getting a player to replace Sean Bentivoglio. Obviously replacing a player with such a winning pedigree on the ice is...
  10. rocketbob

Hockey Fights Cancer Night thoughts

After the NHL jersey discussion on the other thread I was reminded of my "Hockey Fights Cancer" jersey obtained a t a benefit game in Tampa a few years ago. I know that there are many charities and demands on peoples wallets but I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on a league wide...
  11. rocketbob

Favourite Devils 'poke the bear' moment

Before the seriousness of the season begins I thought I would ask fellow fans if they have any favourite memories when an opposition player has picked a fight with a Devils player and really regretted it. Particularly if that player was not the team enforcer/established fighter. For me it has...
  12. rocketbob

Scott Matzka article

A powerful article about Scott Matzka has just gone up on NHL.com. I encourage everyone to read it. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  13. rocketbob

Eastside Hockey Manager deal

For any PC gamers wanting to fill the gaping hockey void between now and the start of the next season (NHL notwithstanding), Eastside Hockey Manager is available as part of this weeks "Humble Bundle". For the next 40 hours or so, it can be purchased (along with 11 other games) for less than $7...
  14. rocketbob

Air the bear - December 8th

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-news/air-the-bear-dec-8th-v-dundee/ This is a great cause and one of my favourite hockey traditions. We might have a way to go to beat this though http://youtu.be/Ql_2Fs2q7Q8 8-) 8-) :shock: 8-) 8-)
  15. rocketbob

Can't find my way home

It may well just be me being highly unobservant, but I can't see the Home button/link on the top menu bar any more. Has this been moved, removed or is this just a glitch with my computer/operator error? :oops:
  16. rocketbob

Brent Pope seeks new Head Coach

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/brent-pope-says-actively-working-6302408 Aparently they are lookin for someone to replace BP by the start of next season and also someone from within the club to cover whilst BP is off in Sochi. Not sure that forcing Mac to be player-coach is the...
  17. rocketbob

AHL Finals Free

For anyone that is interested. AHL Live are showing all of the finals series games for FREE. Head over to AHL Live and register with the code "Calder2013" if you want to catch the action (no credit card details required). Game 1 starts in 5 minutes. Go Crunch. :) :) :) :) :) :)
  18. rocketbob

Ragan Silenced?

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... interview/ I am not sure if it is just me but I can't get any sound from this video (after the initial horn sound). I know for some of our posters that would be a plus but..........
  19. rocketbob

Mobile game - Big Win Hockey

I was wondering if anyone else is playing the mobile game "Big Win Hockey". I am playing it on Android (it is also on iTunes as well) and was wondering if anyone else is enjoying (or not) this basic but fun hockey game?
  20. rocketbob

Successor to Vother

In order to get away from all the negative "I don't want that player" talk, I thought I would start a topic about who people would like to follow in Brad's footsteps. Note I haven't said the r-word as I don't believe that r*pl*c*ng the big man is possible.