1 Goal not man of the match!

Thread starter #1
Well last nights match wasnt very good but i cant beleive that Mark Smith (a D man) scored our only goal and didnt get man of the match. This is the second time this has happened! No offence Ben.

Finny

Man of the Match shouldn't just go to the player who scores a goal.
I didn't go to the game, but the reports from those who did suggest Ben deserved his MOTM award?

kettdevil1

Finny said:
Man of the Match shouldn't just go to the player who scores a goal.
I didn't go to the game, but the reports from those who did suggest Ben deserved his MOTM award?
Personally I would have gone for Mark Smith, not necessarily for the goal but, he was the pick of the D and had a few trademark blocks as well.

Ben and Chris Blight (and perhaps Phil O) would have been the other choices.

MOM does tend to be a little random for the away team but choosing Ben was not totally off the wall.

Ben was definitely one of our better players last night. I also thought Richardson had a decent game as well as Osaer who kept the scoreline respectable.

devilsfan! said:
Well last nights match wasnt very good but i cant beleive that Mark Smith (a D man) scored our only goal and didnt get man of the match. This is the second time this has happened! No offence Ben.
It only takes a second to score a goal, as I was not there I cannot comment on the overall performance of individuals. Surely Man of the Match should go to the player that performs well consistently through the game

devilsfan! said:
I respect all your comments but some appreciation for this hard working d man wouldnt hurt.
Sometimes a player gets lucky and scores of others hard work! This is why the assist system is in place and MOTM issued for effort and contribution to the game not just goals or even stopping them!

Considering you can drive a bus through our defence most nights I think those D men have got more important things to be worrying about than MoM awards ;)

Oldgoalie80 said:
Considering you can drive a bus through our defence most nights I think those D men have got more important things to be worrying about than MoM awards ;)
technically it would probably be quiet easy to drive a bus through every teams defence!

rolf

Oldgoalie80 said:
Hmmm, not talking about the whols D here, just 1 player in particular who works hard every game and makes few mistakes. He has just started to chip in with a few points too as well. It's a shame we do not get the +/- stats as that would let you make an informed judgement whether you could drive your bus through his personal performances.