1997/98 or 1998/99 Roster

Thread starter #1
Hiya

Can anyone help just purchased a Frank Caprice signed Stick supposedly from the 1998/99 season but may be earlier. Does anyone have the Roster for the years 98/99 or 97/98 inc numbers

Bec and Si

Finny

I do at home.

Pretty sure Frank Caprice didn't play in the 1998/99 season, but left at the end of the previous season?

Wannabe2

98-99 season of the top of my head.
Lyle
Herlofsky
Matulik
Pope
Macwilliam
Priest
Simioni
Mcintyre
Sacratini
Noble
Chinn
Thornton
Evans
Mcewen
Lindman
Menard
Moria

Kory Mullen who left earlyish in the season.
All i can think of right now.

Wannabe2

97-98
Yewchuk
Pope
McCarthy
Hope
Moria
Evans
Macwilliam
Thornton
Lyle
Sacratini
Matulik
Ekroth
Macintyre
Stone
Noble
Circelli
Cooper
Caprice
Mcewen

Maybe more but thats me for now.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
98-99 season of the top of my head.
Lyle 30
Herlofsky 31
Matulik 22
Pope 4
Macwilliam 24
Priest 23
Simioni 20
Mcintyre 21
Sacratini 28
Noble 41
Chinn 17
Thornton 16
Evans 11
Mcewen 7

Lindman 71
Menard 39
Moria 19

Kory Mullen who left earlyish in the season.
All i can think of right now.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
97-98
Yewchuk 15
Pope 4
McCarthy 5
Hope 35
Moria 19
Evans 11
Macwilliam 24
Thornton 16
Lyle 30
Sacratini 28
Matulik 22
Ekroth 55
Macintyre 21
Stone 10
Noble 41
Circelli
Cooper 66
Caprice 27
Mcewen 7

Maybe more but thats me for now.

wildthing74

Some top players in them days.Circelli was awesome.Top guy too.Got to know him cos they trained at the same gym as me and "church" used to tell me all his old war stories.
He was working for a company that was involved in the Sports Cafe.Miss that place too.Shame the replacement near the station never happened.

Ocko

wildthing74 said:
Some top players in them days.Circelli was awesome.Top guy too.Got to know him cos they trained at the same gym as me and "church" used to tell me all his old war stories.
He was working for a company that was involved in the Sports Cafe.Miss that place too.Shame the replacement near the station never happened.
You rated Tony Circelli? I always thought he was very shaky in defence. From memory I always dreaded him and Stoney (his D partner that year) being on the ice. Bey hey-ho we all see things differently...

wildthing74

Ocko said:
wildthing74 said:
You rated Tony Circelli? I always thought he was very shaky in defence. From memory I always dreaded him and Stoney (his D partner that year) being on the ice. Bey hey-ho we all see things differently...
As you say its about opinions and I thought he was superb.Older than most but similar to how Kipper played but his legs did not allow so many rushes up the ice ofcourse.
Saw enough of him to rate him as went to any game home and away in them days like a lot of us and we even had a few MK fans that supported us away too cos of the problems they were having and they used to wear shirts with his name on also.
Then again,if you look long enough I'm sure you'll find somebody who rated Robert Millett! :lol:

Ocko

wildthing74 said:
Ocko said:
wildthing74 said:
As you say its about opinions and I thought he was superb.Older than most but similar to how Kipper played but his legs did not allow so many rushes up the ice ofcourse.
Saw enough of him to rate him as went to any game home and away in them days like a lot of us and we even had a few MK fans that supported us away too cos of the problems they were having and they used to wear shirts with his name on also.
Then again,if you look long enough I'm sure you'll find somebody who rated Robert Millett! :lol:
Oh yeah Robert Millett, what a player (at least his CV said so). When we find the man that rates him I will personnally pay for an eye test! :lol:

Weren't most of the MK fans coming to see Doug McCarthy though? He was a bit of a hero to them when they were in the Premier.

Some of the teams we had were truly superb and we were so spoilt for the quality of players that we saw. I can remember questioning a signing if they didnt have some NHL pedigree or played in the top European leagues at least. Imagine setting that sort of standard now! We were spoilt really, the Superleague was the best and worst thing to happen for hockey in the UK