2 days to mega friday

Devil94

I wonder if we’ll hear all the returnees in the next few weeks, and then they’ll leave the new signings till start of August? (as the club alluded to early in the off season)
How exciting would it be if they had an open training session and they announced the new guys as they came out on to the ice for that.
I’d be happy to wait if that was the case!
So would I!

The roster will have to be announced by 5 weeks tomorrow, as training camp starts the following week. That leads to an average of nearly 3 signings a week until then. The last few months have been quieter than usual, but that leads to an exciting few weeks coming up, and then we’ll be back in to hockey before we know it. Not long folks.
The waiting time seems like eternity to me....

JT666

There was a tweet 2 days ago -

*Need some #mondaymotivation to start the week?
This @Gleasonfournier solo coast-to-coast goal should do the trick (and 'just' 62 days till we head to Coventry for our last pre-season game)*

I found it odd when i first read this that 'just' was in speech marks, but since the whole cryptic Belfast tweet to announce a player we've all gone into overdrive with hidden meanings.
And the hidden message?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike Hedden usually wears the #26 jersey. Given #26 is retired (Brad Voth), isn't it conventional practice for players to just flip the number, thus making Mike Hedden the new Cardiff Devils #62?

Do I win a prize if I'm right? ;)

Devil_Abroad

Mike Hedden usually wears the #26 jersey. Given #26 is retired (Brad Voth), isn't it conventional practice for players to just flip the number, thus making Mike Hedden the new Cardiff Devils #62?

One for Steve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaldicotDevil

They also hinted
#ThrowbackThursday Today we're throwing it
to this @GleasonFournier goal that opened the scoring in the 2017 Challenge Cup final
Anyone remember how that game ended?

Which was 3-2... which maybe 23... which might be Asselin or 23 used to be Tyson Strachan number. Also the back hint a resigning.

Remember there's always a wildcard signing to come out of the annual "Business Meeting" at the Calgary Stampede

There have been all sorts of wild guesses based on reading into every last word tweeted... a serious question for anyone who in interested in working these things out; have any actually been worked out this way yet? Are we just assuming the social media person is being cute and giving hints even though it's not been done before?

ASHIPP

This is incredibly clever if that's the case. Perhaps the Club is actually not trying to be that cryptic....and simply making straight statements?!

Wannabe2

Yes you certainly do, if you are indeed correct I will buy you a pint of whatever you desire, plus crisps.

d20

They also hinted
#ThrowbackThursday Today we're throwing it
to this @GleasonFournier goal that opened the scoring in the 2017 Challenge Cup final
Anyone remember how that game ended?

Which was 3-2... which maybe 23... which might be Asselin or 23 used to be Tyson Strachan number. Also the back hint a resigning.

Remember there's always a wildcard signing to come out of the annual "Business Meeting" at the Calgary Stampede
From what I've heard Asselin and Strachan wont be back which is a shame but that'll mean 2 newbies ,guess we will see soon.

Kevlar68

I'm not in to the idea of announcing the new guys at a open training session. Unless we actually know of the players we'll be going "Who?" as they skate out. Its nice to know a little bit about them before we first see them on the ice.

pjj365

I'm not in to the idea of announcing the new guys at a open training session. Unless we actually know of the players we'll be going "Who?" as they skate out. Its nice to know a little bit about them before we first see them on the ice.
I sort of agree but at least it will cut out the moaning about and undermining of the guys before they even arrive

d20 - thought Todd/Lordo/Owners said a while ago newbies are likely to be about 5

Devil94

I'm glad that Mo has another year on the ice and not behind the bench as was rumoured. Another two key pieces of the puzzle return, happy days.

Gazza272

I remember the summer we lost Jon Pelle to Belfast, Tylor michel to Sheffield, Craig Weller Retired, Ryan Finnerty went to Sheffield.

a whole host of world record holders going on to pastures new because we didn't have the infrastructure to keep them (bar the coaches who worked miracles every off season)

So I'm extremely over the moon every time we have a title winner back, There are 10 other EIHL teams who would want them.

august04

I remember the summer we lost Jon Pelle to Belfast, Tylor michel to Sheffield, Craig Weller Retired, Ryan Finnerty went to Sheffield.

a whole host of world record holders going on to pastures new because we didn't have the infrastructure to keep them (bar the coaches who worked miracles every off season)

So I'm extremely over the moon every time we have a title winner back, There are 10 other EIHL teams who would want them.
How long do people have to keep living in the past? Those dark days are gone thankfully and have been for some time!

Gazza272

How long do people have to keep living in the past? Those dark days are gone thankfully and have been for some time!

I just want to remain grateful and positive for the lovely position we are in as a club. I certainly couldn't have the feeling of being 'not over the moon' with retaining over half of a championship winning team.

I was just highlighting that I think re signing guys the quality of Mo and Benti shouldn't just be taken for granted, as there have been times where those guys would have been long gone. So let's be positive about it rather than 'Not over the moon'

Very happy with Bentivoglio re-signing. He's very underrated, if it wasn't for the shadow of Joey Martin being over pretty much every player in the league he'd be regarded as one of the best in the EIHL.