2019 - 2020 Roster ...

I would give the whole team a second crack, a chance to fulfill their potential. Lots of pros and cons but I would be interested to see what the continuity could achieve. Ovechkin is not coming to cardiff so don't be silly. Better the Devil you know:mad:
Although I think some may be a little slash-happy, I wouldn't be satisfied with retaining the same team. To a man, each and every one of those players has done us proud; but evolving and pushing the team forward is only natural, even if it means letting some of them go.

There are definitely areas in which we can improve, and if you'd rather not think of it in those terms, consider this; the rest of this league has had a whole year to suss out this version of the Devils. We did well, to be sure, and at times we were unplayable. But if we rest on our laurels and stick to the same tactics, you can bet the rest of the league will have found an answer for us.

Gazza272

yeah benti would be much harder to replace than the other 3, an established 1st line agitating scoring forward. id genuinely miss him on the ice.

one player who if he wanted to try (and i wouldnt blame him) cracking the north American training camps is fournier. he's a top level skater so wont be out of place and i wonder if he might get some invitations to camps after his year with us?
I found it interesting Fourniers comments at the awards night. He stated his original plan was to sign for us, do his MBA and then retire, but finding us as a club ignited his passion for hockey again.

I wonder if maybe, he just likes playing hockey here and doesn't feel the need to try and crack at a higher level.

He's certainly good enough, and I'm sure many would want him. But if he was happy to retire then maybe (hopefully!) being happy here suits him just fine. Be interesting to see.

jenks33

I found it interesting Fourniers comments at the awards night. He stated his original plan was to sign for us, do his MBA and then retire, but finding us as a club ignited his passion for hockey again.

I wonder if maybe, he just likes playing hockey here and doesn't feel the need to try and crack at a higher level.

He's certainly good enough, and I'm sure many would want him. But if he was happy to retire then maybe (hopefully!) being happy here suits him just fine. Be interesting to see.
Yeah that’s the feeling I got when I heard Fournier’s interview. I think he knows he can play at a higher but he feels at home here. Let’s hope so anyway

CaldicotDevil, when I watched the Leafs victory over Boston on Monday night and saw Mitch Marner block the last 2 shots of the game I was reminded of Culli's 2 shot blocks in the last minute of a Challenge Cup victory. I'm certainly not comparing the 2 players but am comparing their team first attitudes.
I believe Culli would still fit in very well as a great two way player on the 3rd or 4th line and as a trusted penalty killer and emergency D man where he never got enough credit for his breakout passing ability and puck carrying.