2019 - 2020 Roster ...

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
Splash the cash and sign Mike Hammond. Massively proven in this league.

We need speed up front - Dunbar, Reddick (not Bryce!) & Finucci wouldn't go amiss either.

That lot makes some of ours look immobile !

Last edited:

RedDevil17

We need speed up front - Dunbar, Reddick (not Bryce!) & Finucci wouldn't go amiss either.

Kruise Reddick isn’t joining he’s got a 19/20 contract with Guildford. Connolly hasn’t mind and he’s someone I’d take. Little rink rat which is what we’ve needed for a while alongside a power forward like Bulmer who’s not afraid to drop his gloves.

Last edited:

fried egg

We should find our own talent. I'm not a fan of taking other teams top players. If we want this league to develop let the club's who find these gems keep them. I can remember some Devils fans losing it when Michel and Pelle left for what at the time were more successful clubs.

Devilsatw

Why take a gamble on new players from different leagues when you can get acckered Connolly lake and a few other who know the league and are really really good

jenks33

Yeah i’d rather us sign players that are new to the league. The one player I’d take from another team at the moment is Lake. Once again last night he looked dangerous everytime he was on the puck, our D looked very nervous when he was in possession

jenks33

Regarding some of the players mentioned above you also have to remember that they’re likely to get less ice time playing for a Devils or a Giants. You could tell that it was a huge frustration for Faryna. He was on all the special teams at Dundee and i don’t think he ever got used to less Ice time with us

RedDevil17

As for Ackered I don’t think we could win a wage war with Guildford, if he should stay in the UK.
He’s on a 19/20 contract with Guildford anyway so it would cost loads to buy him out of that contract I imagine. I don’t really care as to whenever players are new to the league or not as long as I see entertaining, physical hockey with a winning mentality. Preferably old players to the league mind.

Temme

If you cherry pick the best players off every time 1 by 1, you'd find an awful lot of upgrades -

strength in depth is what makes us so successful in my opinion,
Lake, Hammond, Beca, Connolly et al. are fantastic, however probably would require a massive amount more money (because they are proven)

I'd go as far as, every team has 1 player capable of being a first liner for any other team.

The mid-range EIHL teams are all too top heavy in their spending, so whilst they'll have guys right up there in terms of scoring (Lake, Reddick, Hammond, Connolly etc), and top line v top line will compete (or even better) us, it allows them less to spend down the order.
We had 10 players with over 30 points this year, no other team came close to that.

If we shell out ££££££££ on Hammond, we lose 2nd & 3rd line scoring.

No thanks!

CaldicotDevil

If you cherry pick the best players off every time 1 by 1, you'd find an awful lot of upgrades -

strength in depth is what makes us so successful in my opinion,
Lake, Hammond, Beca, Connolly et al. are fantastic, however probably would require a massive amount more money (because they are proven)

I'd go as far as, every team has 1 player capable of being a first liner for any other team.

The mid-range EIHL teams are all too top heavy in their spending, so whilst they'll have guys right up there in terms of scoring (Lake, Reddick, Hammond, Connolly etc), and top line v top line will compete (or even better) us, it allows them less to spend down the order.
We had 10 players with over 30 points this year, no other team came close to that.

If we shell out ££££££££ on Hammond, we lose 2nd & 3rd line scoring.

No thanks!
Even though the overall league stats don't suggest it I still think need another out & out scorer to take the pressure off Joey Martin.

Joey finished 6th place in the EIHL scoring with 30 goals.
Next was Fourns in 18th in the EIHL with 24 goals.
The Linglet & Dixon tied at 28th in the EIHL place with 21 goals.

If we're lucky enough to keep Fourns we can't expect him to emulate the same form and point production he had this year. That's why if I was Lordo I'd edge my bets with a 1st line proven scorer.

Hoping there's someone in Steve King infamous little black book of hockey contacts. If not make Lake the number one priority.

jimmy snels

i agree with a lot of whats been said here. huge areas of concern for me are the 3rd lines lack of scoring. u kinda accept the 4th is a shut down line.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #16
3rd line needs to regularly produce to remove the pressure on the top 2 lines. Apart from Duggan, I don’t think anyone on the 3rd and 4th covered themselves with glory this season!

zoesdevil

I'd love Byers!! Has fight, sticks up for teammates no matter what & scores lots of points, something this team needs!!

CaldicotDevil

I'd love Byers!! Has fight, sticks up for teammates no matter what & scores lots of points, something this team needs!!
I like Byers and he ticks all the boxes. However IMO he'll be too wild for Lordo to gamble on. He took 182 PIMs this year, way too many for a 1/2 line guy. I also think an aging squad caught up with a bit this year, we seemed to lose our legs a bit on Sunday games. So I would like to see recruitment aimed towards building a younger squad. Byers doesn't really tick that box at 33.