DOPS latest

Kal

Fitzy is a hero, literally comes flying in and saves Shudra. Gagnon acting like a proper goon going after a kid on a delayed penalty, he should have got more than 2 games.

Ocko

I don't think Fitzgerald should've had anything. I know the law remains in the hands of the referee but Gagnon was pounding at a kid.

I can't help but like Fitzy. The guy is an absolute warrior for his club, he was meant to be playing with a fishbowl for over 2 months after a slap shot to the face, but is fighting one of the toughest guys in the league to stick up for his team mates after just a few weeks. He's a decent player too for a tough guy, he's the best enforcer in the league by a long way IMO.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #4
He most certainly is the best enforcer in the league, take away a few stupid penalties which all warriors take, and he would walk into any team in the league. He apparently is a coaches dream, and well liked in the community, Fitzgerald to me epitomises all that’s good in this great sport, yes the occasional boo boo, but never boring, too few of these guys around now unfortunately, nearest was Salters before he came to us.

Wagstaff

Im with you guys on Fitzgerald, rules are rules but DOPS should look at why he had to do what he did and fair play to him!

ASHIPP

We could do with some absences/ suspensions amongst the MKL and Flames rosters when we play them. I believe the two MKL players suspended will be back for tomorrow night's game against Devils. And Stoflet is now on their roster.

Not looking forward to either of the Flames' games the week after next. They are a fast, goal-scoring machine with a nasty streak and I'm afraid a part of their fanbase is rather arrogant for first timers in this league. Still, they are at the top end of the league standings and that is something that cannot be ignored.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #7
Can’t wait to play the Mk/Flames myself, the stronger the better if we are to win this thing again we have to beat the best. At this moment in time it’s for the other lot to worry about us, Starting with tomorrow let’s do this.

Can’t wait to play the Mk/Flames myself, the stronger the better if we are to win this thing again we have to beat the best. At this moment in time it’s for the other lot to worry about us, Starting with tomorrow let’s do this.
Absolutely. It’s incredible that Sheffield,as much as we despise them, have almost imploded with Nottingham not far behind. I’d hoped we would have tougher games across most of the league. I hope Guildford and MK continue to pressure through next season as well. As much as I’d like the Devils to fill the trophy cabinet, it’ll be more satisfying hearing opposing fans admit we’d won by outclassing talented opposition and not because the nearest rival imploded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

Fitzy is a hero, literally comes flying in and saves Shudra. Gagnon acting like a proper goon going after a kid on a delayed penalty, he should have got more than 2 games.
yes cant fault his actions to protect a kid, but look at the way he dived in the ruck, look at the blades on his skates flying very close to other players bodies and head areas ,,couldve been very nasty outcome.

Mooney#16

I actually feel a little sorry for both guys. Shudra is 19 now and no kid. To throw the hit he did high on Stevie Lee with two and half minutes to play in a 5-0 game is nothing short of stupid and he deserved a good slap of Gagnon to teach him a lesson. You hear the code talked about. Well there Shudra well and truly broke it. Gagnon and Fitzy were both doing there jobs really.

E.D.S.

Just seen that Finucci from the Flyers got a one game ban for shooting the puck at the official.
Whilst I’m not looking for someone to spend time in the stands I don’t get how 1 game is enough. It was clearly a deliberate act. I’m not sure it sends out the right message about protecting the officials.
Just wondering what people thought?
Would they have given him more if it actually hit the ref which to me is a moot point?
DOPs confuse me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: